Larger notifications

surebuttercringe

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Coming from an iphone for the last few years, one thing I have gotten used to are notifications that show up on the screen, even on the lock screen. Is there a way to do this on Android? I only get notifications at the top and then have to unlock the phone and scroll down to see them. This also goes for texts as well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea, look into a custom lock screen. I believe some launchers come with options for custom lock screens as well.

surebuttercringe

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

photo-266x400.jpg

On an iPhone, you can set this to come up in the lock screen and in the home screen. You can set it up to banner flash, or a notification like shown above.

Perfect example of why I would like this. Just now, my Note 2 made the Sportscenter notification sound, but other than that it did nothing else. It didn't flash the screen on for a few seconds, there is no notification LED, basically nothing to tell me that something is happening other than the audible tone. Even when I unlock the phone, the only thing I see is the SC logo in the notifications area, and I still have to scroll down to see it.

Is there something that is similar to this in Android through the settings without having to load a widget? I tried the Sportscenter widget and it doesn't update with the scores, it just shows when the next game is.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Perfect example of why I would like this. Just now, my Note 2 made the Sportscenter notification sound, but other than that it did nothing else. It didn't flash the screen on for a few seconds, there is no notification LED, basically nothing to tell me that something is happening other than the audible tone. Even when I unlock the phone, the only thing I see is the SC logo in the notifications area, and I still have to scroll down to see it.

Apps wont use your LED unless they are designed too. Some have an option to do so in settings. Check there. I haven't heard of anything that turns the screen on though. Well, you open your notifications, tap the SC notification, and, it'll bring you into the app to see what it was about. That's generally how notifications work. Some notifications will display more information in the actual notification than others.

If you want a lock screen, that's easy, but, if you want to see something on the home screen, it's going to have to be a widget. That's what goes on the home screen. Widgets or icons. Give what Tayman suggested a shot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699