Lost all saved WiFi settings and WiFi keeps turning off

SupraGuy10

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, i'm new here. So lately, I've been having problems with my Xperia Play. Any app involving the internet would force close after being on it for a certain amount of time, which was no big deal, I would just restart my phone. But then it started happening more frequently, and it would force close sooner, sometimes even force closing as soon as I entered the app. Then this morning, I found that my WiFi was off (which was weird because i don't turn off WiFi at home). I went into my settings to turn it back on, locked my phone, and went to do something else. When I went to check Facebook, I saw that the WiFi wasn't on. So again, I went into settings, but instead of just pushing "Turn on Wi-Fi", I went into "Wi-Fi Settings". I saw that I had lost all my saved WiFi networks (including my house), and it wasn't picking any up, even though I know that there are multiple in my area. I tried re-entering my home WiFi settings, but that still didn't work. I did a few more times, then when it still failed, I restarted my phone and tried again. Still nothing. Then I went out, and was still unable to pick up any WiFi, and any internet based apps still weren't working, even with 3G on. I really hope someone can help, because my parents probably won't let me get another phone, even though I'm due for an upgrade. Thank you so much to anyone that can help.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I was just curious. Can't think of anything else to try at the moment. Hopefully someone else will have an idea. It may come to that though.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
There is a way to back all of that up with Titanium. There is a guide somewhere on AC for it. Try searching for it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if you can do app backup without root. Wait and see if anyone has anything else to say.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums