Which of my dozens of apps have access to my calendar?

orayzio

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm experiencing a problem with my phone randomly canceling events on a Google secondary calendar in my Google Apps domain. Google Apps help is trying to help me out, but they think some random app on my phone has access to my Google Calendar and it is the thing that is canceling the appointments. (Personally, I think it's a sync issue in the Google software.) At any rate, the GA help guy wants me to disable all apps on my phone that have access to my calendar, but with dozens of apps on my phone, I don't know how I can tell which ones have access to my calendar and which ones don't, without spending hours clicking through the Play store, looking at permissions. Is there an easy way to do this?

UPDATE: Found Permission Explorer in the Play store, which gives me what I need. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...roid.permission_explorer&hl=en&token=L8xUDbnl

Last edited:

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
First of all calendar is part of Android system core not single application, same as contacts, all applications can have access to them as long as they define the permission.... so yes that the hint you can use look on permissions as applications require it :) other solution but more harder to do would be lurk in to logcat logs via ADB and pray that application you looking for annouce there bad actions there :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress