Need advice staying intouch with home while over seas

djjeffa

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for a cheap sprint phone to work in Ireland and London but I also want to have plan B, I will have a G tab 3 with me and my EVO LTE so I'm looking for a good way of using WiFi to help keep intouch so far if I'm reading it right I could use Skype for 3$ a month to make calls while on WiFi dose this sound right and are there any better options out there?

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for a cheap sprint phone to work in Ireland and London but I also want to have plan B, I will have a G tab 3 with me and my EVO LTE so I'm looking for a good way of using WiFi to help keep intouch so far if I'm reading it right I could use Skype for 3$ a month to make calls while on WiFi dose this sound right and are there any better options out there?

You'll need to find a world phone on Sprint to work on global networks. The Motorola Photon is such a phone if you are looking for an Android device: Motorola PHOTON 4G | eBay

Blackberry also has world phone devices on Sprint. However, I'm not sure which models you need to loo for and what pricing starts at. If the above $135 starting price for a new Photon 4g is too much, then perhaps you should consider a tracphone or equal that will work overseas and provides you with coverage at reasonable prices and off contract.

Keep in mind that you'll still need a SIM card for the Photon. Local networks should be able to provide you with competitive prices as a traveler. How long do you plan on staying in Ireland and London?

djjeffa

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info, I'm gonna be there 2 weeks but that might be to much for me to spend on a phone. I want to use WiFi when I can, maybe Skype but I'm trying to figer out what it will cost and have a cell for when I'm away from the WiFi witch would be for emergency use only.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89