Wifi boost/extender of hotspot question

reykjavik2014

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Many hotels have free WiFi. But they require visiting a web page and accepting the terms first. My Roku is incapable of doing this. My cellphone however, can.

Is there anyway/app that will allow my phones WiFi connection to be turned into a WiFi hotspot so that my roku can connect?

When I try that now, it kicks me off the WiFi and uses my data connection for the WiFi hotspot.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if there's an app that will allow you to do that, but it might not matter anyway, because most hotel wifi speeds are fairly poor, and probably wouldn't support HD media streaming without a lot of stuttering. I think you need a connection of at least 2 MBPS, and in my experience, hotel wifi is usually somewhere around 1.

duketreo

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
2 year bump! It seems hotel wifi has advanced speeds now and am wondering if there is a way to do what the OP was asking for?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you can connect your phone to the Roku as a WiFi hotspot and have the movies stream to the TV. You're best bet is to use a wired solution to connect the device to the TV.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall