Default reminder

appfro

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I am having a problem with the default reminder in my calendar. when I create a new entry and save it with no reminders, a 10 minute reminder is automatically attached to the event. I have tried several calendars on Google play. business calendar and acalendar for example. this makes me think it's on my phone's default calendar, the one that is being used to sync. I did find settings for default reminders, but I have them all off. I'm not sure what else to do. help please and thank you.

-Mitch

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello. I am having a problem with the default reminder in my calendar. when I create a new entry and save it with no reminders, a 10 minute reminder is automatically attached to the event. I have tried several calendars on Google play. business calendar and acalendar for example. this makes me think it's on my phone's default calendar, the one that is being used to sync. I did find settings for default reminders, but I have them all off. I'm not sure what else to do. help please and thank you.

-Mitch

Try clearing data and cache from the calendar app.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

appfro

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys. Thanks for the responses. I tried your suggestion in an number of variations and sequences to try to get the reminder to stop popping up. I was not successful.
I've tried: (clearing = clearing cache ; AC = android calendar ; BC = Business Calendar)
clearing AC - setting default reminder to none - clearing BC
clearing BC - clearing AC - setting default reminder to none
uninstalling BC - clearing AC - setting default reminder to none - installing BC
uninstalling BC - clearing AC - disabling AC - enabling AC - setting default reminder to none - installing BC
Please note that Business Calendar's default setting is for no reminder. I've also made sure there are no other calendar's installed. The issue is very easy to replicate. I create a test event in BC, wait 20 or 25 seconds (if i go in before that the reminder isn't there yet), and the reminder is there. Always set to 10 minutes. If you have any other suggestions, I'm all ears, and again thank you for your other responses and your attempts to help.

-Mitch

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys. Thanks for the responses. I tried your suggestion in an number of variations and sequences to try to get the reminder to stop popping up. I was not successful.
I've tried: (clearing = clearing cache ; AC = android calendar ; BC = Business Calendar)
clearing AC - setting default reminder to none - clearing BC
clearing BC - clearing AC - setting default reminder to none
uninstalling BC - clearing AC - setting default reminder to none - installing BC
uninstalling BC - clearing AC - disabling AC - enabling AC - setting default reminder to none - installing BC
Please note that Business Calendar's default setting is for no reminder. I've also made sure there are no other calendar's installed. The issue is very easy to replicate. I create a test event in BC, wait 20 or 25 seconds (if i go in before that the reminder isn't there yet), and the reminder is there. Always set to 10 minutes. If you have any other suggestions, I'm all ears, and again thank you for your other responses and your attempts to help.

-Mitch

I agree with your assessment. Try this:
Go into your settings, navigate to calendars, click on the name of your calendar, then reminders and notifications.
Remove all reminders.

Let us know if this works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo