email contacts import?

missmouse3

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Is there some way to import all my email contacts from my PC to save in a folder of some kind in Android? ( LG E 430 4.1) be nice to send emails without having to type in the addy each time!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Where on your PC are your contacts stored? Are they on Outlook? Easiest thing to do would be to export all of your contacts as a .CSV file, then import that file into your Google Contacts on the web. Once they have been imported, they should sync over to your phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

missmouse3

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
sorry Im not following here - when I go to "redirecting" is this on the PC or the mobile? Do I have to connect the mobile to the computer with a cable for all this?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
sorry Im not following here - when I go to "redirecting" is this on the PC or the mobile? Do I have to connect the mobile to the computer with a cable for all this?
Redirecting actually points you to Redirecting..., so you want to do all of this from your computer while you are saving your contacts in Outlook as .csv files. You can then upload that saved .csv file with the contacts and it will be saved to Google. When you log into any Android device with your Google account you'll have the option to sync contacts.

Let us know if you have any questions.

missmouse3

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
this doesnt work! The first part! If I try to export as .csv file when I open the new folder it opens an excel document that has all the names but no email addresses? Looks like Ill just have to enter them all one at a time! Grrrrr1

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

The "Redirecting..." is actually a link to Google Contacts (it's highlighted in blue, so if you hover over it, you'll see the URL for Google Contacts appear, and if you click it, you'll be taken there). The software for this forum automatically tried to convert the URL to the actual name of the page, but clearly it's not the right title.

I'm not familiar with Windows Live Mail, so not sure why it wouldn't export correctly. What happens if you just try to import that .CSV file into Google Contacts?

missmouse3

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
i cant see how to do that, there is no option to "redirecting" either right or left click! Ive tried downloading a program ( wondershare mobile go) to my pc that claimed to be able to do this with one click but sadly it doesnt work either!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
i cant see how to do that, there is no option to "redirecting" either right or left click! Ive tried downloading a program ( wondershare mobile go) to my pc that claimed to be able to do this with one click but sadly it doesnt work either!

How are you accessing Android Central? Where it says "Redirecting," it should be a link. Anyway, the link is to Google Contacts. All you have to do is search on the web for Google Contacts, and you'll be able to click that link, since posting the link here seems to be problematic.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
would it be easier to export all my email contacts from my ipad to the phone? I have managed to save them all there ( surprisingly!)

I don't think there is a way to export your contacts directly from your iPad unless you use a 3rd party app, which probably costs money. I would still try importing the .CSV file that you exported from Windows Live Mail first, even though you didn't see any email addresses when you looked at it in Excel. If that doesn't work, then we'll see if there's something else to try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez