05-19-2016 01:32 PM
632 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Hello everyone, Wow, lots of info here!! Thanks!
    I'm looking for some guidance. My wife's T-Bolt is very nice and she loves it!
    She has some SMS's she needs to save, along with the entire threads. A friend showed me how he could 'delete history' on his android, and it would wipe out all call logs, messages, and emails from his phone, and send everything to his Gmail account. He couldn't remember what App it was, and I am very reluctant to 'delete' anything without knowing for sure. Can someone shed some light on this, or tell be a better way to backup SMS's and emails from her T-Bolt? Thanks!
    01-13-2012 06:33 AM
    Hi there my son has just bought an android scroll essential but when he tries to down load apps from android market it says there is no phone attached to this device can anybody help please he is getting very frustrated
    01-16-2012 03:16 AM
    Hi there my son has just bought an android scroll essential but when he tries to down load apps from android market it says there is no phone attached to this device can anybody help please he is getting very frustrated
    Is this a phone or tablet? What's the name of the device?

Sent from my Nexus S
    01-16-2012 03:20 AM
    As a first time android phone (Motorola Bionic) I want to thank you and everyone for the posts and replies on this forum. I will certainly direct other new users to this site.
    02-03-2012 09:48 PM
    Looks like great information. I am trying to figure out which Verizon Android phone to get (will be my first Android after a couple Windows Mobile phones). I need to get 5 posts so I can see the images.
    I got my Bionic less than 2 weeks ago. I would recommend it based on many conversations and hands on experience at the Verizon store. The Razr was also considered but I did not like a couple of features (cannot remove battery for example).

I would suggest reading a basket of reviews and narrow down your prospects to 2 or 3. Then find a place where you can play with all of them and select the one that fits (size, features, cost, accessories, etc.).

There are so many manufacturers and models that choosing can take quite a bit of time and effort.
    02-03-2012 09:57 PM
    gosh i have a question but dont want to ask.. ok i know nothing about android but willing to learn and maybe get one next month. so is it possible to get apps and store them on pc until i get the device i want? like when an appcomes to mind get it now so it isnt forgotten..( godh this will be a hard convert from blackberry)
    I have downloaded apps to my laptop and I believe you can install to your phone when you get it and identify the brand and model.
    02-03-2012 10:09 PM
    Since I'm new I'm reading post from 2010. I hope the questions I ask are not annoying as I'm sure they were asked in later posts. I hope to learn enough to be a contributor thanks to this forum.
    02-03-2012 10:12 PM
    Hello everyone!! I really need some of your opinion re: Which is better because i would like to make sure which one is best before i committed myself with these phones. Thanks
    Better is usually in the eye of the beholder. It can be very subjective and based on personal preference. I depend on reviews of each phone and do my own comparison.
    02-03-2012 10:16 PM
    So much to read, so little time
    02-06-2012 11:41 AM
    Hi. My Droid was given to me and I'm in a complete mess. I don't even know how to get the main screen to come up. I've made a g-mail account, but that's as far as I've gotten. The Verizon people told me there were user manuals on line. But...................I can't find them. Hwlp
    02-08-2012 04:22 PM
    Hi. My Droid was given to me and I'm in a complete mess. I don't even know how to get the main screen to come up. I've made a g-mail account, but that's as far as I've gotten. The Verizon people told me there were user manuals on line. But...................I can't find them. Hwlp
    Hello...

Go to Verizon's website, go under Support/Devices/ find and select your device and then you should be given an option among others to view the USER GUIDE online via PDF file. You can then save or print it out if needed.
    02-08-2012 04:42 PM
    Thank God for this site and these forums because umm dam I have always had basic phones and now have finally made the journey to Android. Got me & my woman a pair of Rezounds on the way. Hopefully setting these up won't be difficult. I assume if you have computer knowledge you will be somewhat comfortable with the UI. Going to read my butt off on all the Sticky's
    milominderbinde likes this.
    02-17-2012 08:48 PM
    Thank God for this site and these forums because umm dam I have always had basic phones and now have finally made the journey to Android. Got me & my woman a pair of Rezounds on the way. Hopefully setting these up won't be difficult. I assume if you have computer knowledge you will be somewhat comfortable with the UI. Going to read my butt off on all the Sticky's
    Android Central is the best. People here are always happy to help.

You are going to love everything that your phones can do. It is just one cool thing after another.

Have fun!
    02-17-2012 09:27 PM
    I assume if you have computer knowledge you will be somewhat comfortable with the UI.
    It sure helps. If you're familiar with Linux it's even better, but the desktop is "window-ish" enough that you should be able to use the phone with a beginner's guide or two. Menus in apps are a bit different, the taskbar is a bit different, but it's all "a bit" different, not too different to catch on. Pretty soon you'll be thinking of your phone as a laptop in a pocket. (If you're young enough that your eyes still change focus. We older guys need 5" or 6" screens just to keep from having eyestrain. After 5 minutes on the 3.5" Android, I'm still squinting at my 21" monitor.)
    02-17-2012 11:03 PM
    Hi, I ran across your forum after spending a few frustrating hours trying to connect my husband's smartphone to our home wifi. We are both 60 and not really technically savvy. He can connect at work, but not at home. Verizon is our service provider. The wifi network shows up as active on his phone, but when he clicks & enters the password, it fails to connect. I'm hoping to find some information on this site! Thanks in advance!
    02-21-2012 08:43 AM
    Hey im new to android central and im trying to figure out how to start a thread about problems with rooting my motorola electrify 2.3.5... any help would be appreciated thank you
    02-21-2012 09:09 PM
    Just got a android and I am at a loss on what should be the obvious ways to work it. I am Tracie and I am still loving the android any tips would greatly appreciated!
    02-22-2012 10:41 AM
    Hey all, nice to be part of a large group of like minded people. Cell phones are here to stay no doubt about it, I am new to the cell phone society and I am looking forward to many years of great news from this group. There are a lot of things I like to get some answers to, so thanks for taking me on board.
    02-24-2012 03:36 PM
    The first thing I would like to find out, I got a LG GT 540 and I would love to update it. I got told I had to Root it, sound scary. Anybody here that can put some light on this part. I appreciate it. Have a great weekend.
    02-24-2012 03:44 PM
    The first thing I would like to find out, I got a LG GT 540 and I would love to update it. I got told I had to Root it, sound scary. Anybody here that can put some light on this part. I appreciate it. Have a great weekend.
    Rooting gives apps the ability to do things they can't do if the phone isn't rooted. It's like "run as administrator" in Windows.

You can officially update the existing firmware without rooting the phone. You have to root it if you want to install some unofficial updates.

The question you should ask yourself is whether you want to update the phone just to update it, or if you have some specific purpose in mind. If the former, don't bother. You won't gain anything, and you risk bricking the phone (turning it into something as useful as a brick).
    02-25-2012 11:21 PM
    New to androids.Thanks for all the great info on this site.
    02-27-2012 03:02 PM
    Using Juice Defender has really helped prolong my battery charge.
    02-27-2012 03:05 PM
    Keep getting notice that updates are available after rooting phone.Should I ignore these notices?
    02-27-2012 03:07 PM
    Keep getting notice that updates are available after rooting phone.Should I ignore these notices?
    It depends. Is it referring to app updates or firmware updates? I would bet it's app updates, because if it's a system update, it wouldn't be plural. It is safe to update apps from the notification.
    02-27-2012 04:14 PM
    set up pass word on my huewei accend forgot pass word now i cant get on it ????
    03-02-2012 01:27 PM
632 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD