Typing on Android, coming from iPhone

Batt1eRatt1e

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
So here's my problem. I've switched between iPhone and Android for a few years now. I traded my iPhone 5 for a Galaxy S4 which I sold and I have a Note 2 coming tomorrow. The Galaxy S4 has been a pain to type on. I like how iOS auto corrects and I can keep typing. With Android I have to keep fixing things over and over and somehow I keep pressing the B key or other keys when I mean something else. Is there a way to change the sensitivity of the keyboard or something because typing is a real pain and if it's like this on the Note 2 I'm gonna have to trade it for a tiny 4 inch iPhone 5 which sucks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
At least some keyboards give you the option to adjust the sensitivity of autocorrect. Look for the settings at System Settings/Language & input, and tap the settings icon (gear or slider icon) right next to the keyboard you use. Then explore those settings to see what kinds of autocorrect and sensitivity levels are available. For example, I have a Razr Maxx with preinstalled Swype (a little different from the Swype that is on Google Play). When I go to the keyboard settings, I can select "Word suggestion," which then gives me the option to turn suggestions on or off, as well as turn on Auto-correction.

I don't know what Samsung keyboard settings are like, but I'm sure there are plenty of people on this forum who can help you with that.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
There are several hundred Android keyboards in the Play Store. One of them will work for you.

IOS has one keyboard.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app