Trying decide on a new phone.....any insight is appreciated.

sprocket2107

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
So I have an upgrade available right now and I'm trying to decide what phone to get. I currently have an iPhone 4S (this thread is not for bashing apple), and before that I had the Samsung Galaxy Epic. I'm on sprint and was considering the Note 3 but at $300 I'm not quite sure I want to drop that much. The only demo units my sprint store has are iPhones and HTC Ones. My main concern is lag, I haven't used Android in a few years and the last time was with my SGE and even when it was rooted I experienced tons of lag and force closings. My question is what Android phone/s currently have the least amount of lag or even no lag at all? That's the one thing keeping me on iOS, the smoothness of everything. I have no problem at all with Android, I just didn't like the lag on the older devices. I roam around here quite often and see that people are having better experiences with the Android OS but I am still concerned about the lag. Any suggestions or insight would be great. I have no problem with screen size so going from the tiny 3.5 inch screen to something over 5 wouldn't be a problem for me. I just want a device that runs smooth and will continue to run smooth until my next upgrade cycle. Remember I'm on Sprint, and the only reason I won't switch is because the area I'm in and areas I travel to often have great service and because I get a larger discount through my mothers work. Thanks in advance. Oh, and feel free to put this thread somewhere else in case I posted it in the wrong section.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I think you'd be quite safe, quite happy, and quite lag free on any of today's premium phones. The HTC One and LG G2 in particular.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i have a big comparable discount with Sprint but i'm leaving them as soon as the Nexus 5 drops and switching to AT&T GoPhone no contract plan. Unlimited Talk/Text and 2GB LTE Data for $60/Month. you can buy another 1GB of data each month as needed for $10. i like this plan, i like this price (it's less than Sprint even after discounts), and i'm confident that AT&T has good nationwide coverage. i like the freedom a GSM carrier offers with plug and play SIM cards and ability to BYOD - and a pure Android Nexus direct from Google. also i'm tired of the chains of contracts.

i would wait to see wait the Nexus 5 offers - it may even be compatible with Sprint.

just something to consider.

Prepaid Cell Phone Plans, GoPhone Plans, & Prepaid Smartphone plans from AT&T

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've read many reviews and posts about how smooth and lag-free the Moto X and the new Droids are, thanks to the X8 processor architecture. Worth checking out (well, the X, at least, since the Droids are exclusive to Verizon).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress