How to stop notifications of upgraded apps?

tyler1030

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to stop the notifications everytime an app is updated automatically. The updates are good; just don't want the notifications. It seems to be for almost all my apps that are updating.

In the Google Play Store settings, I have unchecked the Notifications checkbox, but that (surprisingly) did not do it. Any advice appreciated!

Thanks,
Tyler

Phone: AT&T Pantech Discover P9090

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to stop the notifications everytime an app is updated automatically. The updates are good; just don't want the notifications. It seems to be for almost all my apps that are updating.

In the Google Play Store settings, I have unchecked the Notifications checkbox, but that (surprisingly) did not do it. Any advice appreciated!

Thanks,
Tyler

Phone: AT&T Pantech Discover P9090
I don't think you can disable the notification alerting you to updated Apps. If you don't want to receive the notification it might be best to disable automatic updating and manually update the Apps whenever you see fit.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That notifications setting is to let you know that updates are available. I don't believe there's any way to turn off notifications that an app was just updated and installed (unless you root the phone).