Anyone have SG3 on straight talk?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Samsug Galaxy S3 on Straight Talk. How's the service?

Sent from my SGH-S959G using AC Forums mobile app
Here are some articles related to Straight Talk that may be of help: Straight Talk | Android Central

Also, I would suggest checking in the Nexus 4 forums for Straight Talk coverage since a lot of N4 users use Straight Talk with their devices. Coverage also depends on location, so keep that in mind when going with the service. You should be able to check the Straight Talk coverage area to get an idea of support within your most frequented areas: Service Area

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Straight talk service is provided by AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile or Verizon, so how it is depends on which carrier you'll be using. If you choose one with no service in your area you'll get no service. (ST doesn't maintain any of their own towers,)

As far as customer service, at best there is none. Oh, you can call them, but except for the simplest things - activating a phone, etc. - they're useless at best, and usually ill-informed about their own company's rules. But if you never have to call them about important things, it's a cheap way to get good coverage. Unlimited talk and text and 2.5GB of data/month for, if you shop wisely, about $36/month, isn't bad. I've been with them for almost 2 years and my oonly complaint is that I can't afford the phone upgrade I want. (And the one I want won't fit into my pocket.)

longtime44

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
So lets say I buy a verizon galaxy s3 (if I buy from straight talk it runs off sprint) will it run off verizon towers or pick up sprint towers even though its a verizon phone?

Sent from my SGH-S959G using AC Forums mobile app

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you buy a ST Sprint phone it runs on Sprint towers. If you want ST on Verizon towers you have to buy a ST Verizon phone. (GSM - AT&T and T-Mobile - phones are different. As long as the phone supports the frequencies, putting a SIM card into a phone puts that phone on the towers of that SIM card.)