Samsung Galaxy Nexus help, part 2

kona0197

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, fellow Android users. I had a few questions that I need help with.

So last night I restored the factory default Verizon Android image. all went well. But now one half of the screen is brighter than the other half. How do I fix this? See the picture. Youcan see the top half is a shade darker.

uv5i.jpg

My other question is that I have no option to turn on USB debugging. That menu does not exsist. Is there a fix?

And the last question is battery life. I'm running jelly bean yet this phone is needing to be charged twice a day. Is there a fix?

Thank you ever so much for your help.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Regarding the different shades, is that on all screens that show all white that the one posted? If so, it might be a hardware issue with the screen and may be non-repairable aside from a replacement.

Regarding USB Debugging, I'm not sure what version Android you installed, but you will probably need to open system settings > about phone > tap on the build number 7 (possible more) times. That should enable the developer options along with usb debugging.

kona0197

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Well the funny thing is when the screen is showing black, the bottom is more black than the top. When I first got the phone it was running a custom Carbon kernel mod and in the menu was an option to make the whole screen white or black like it should be. I might also add that this only happens in the texting screens and menu screens. It does not happen while running apps or on the main homescreen. So I think it's a software issue.

I have Android version 4.2.2 installed. Thanks for the advice, I tapped the build number 7 times and it unlocked the developer's menu. Got that problem solved.

Battery is still horrible. And it's a new battery that has been properly run in.

Last edited:

kona0197

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Just a bit more information. On the screen issue it looks like the keyboard is burned into the screen. Not sure how to fix this. I know when I was running the custom kernel mod there was no problems with the colors on the screen or keyboard burn in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non