fastboot error: could not get pipe properties

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm using a Mac and I have my HTC one hooked up in fastboot mode. I type in ./fastboot devices and get "error: could not get pipe properties". Anyone know what that means? I cannot find a solid answer anywhere.

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try it with no phone plugged in. If you still get it, it's a Mac problem. Uninstall adb then reinstall it.

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I had the same problem. disconnected the asus infinity tf700t and it ran on MAC without the error.
Plugged the tablet in again....no error....but no device.
It seems the the tf700t is not recognising the usb connection at all. I'm using a new usb cable. I've tested the usb port with a usb stick and no problem.
Any thoughts?

thanks Colin

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Where did you get the USB cable? Some of them, like the ones that come with wireless headsets, have only 2 wires - for charging. Since they don't transfer data to/from the computer, the manufacturers save a bundle by not including 4 feet of wire in each 2 foot cable. But the cab;e won't connect a phone to the computer for data, only for charging.

Also, some USB hubs mess up phone/tablet connections. Always connect directly to the computer if you have a problem.

Relaxasaurus

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Where did you get the USB cable? Some of them, like the ones that come with wireless headsets, have only 2 wires - for charging. Since they don't transfer data to/from the computer, the manufacturers save a bundle by not including 4 feet of wire in each 2 foot cable. But the cab;e won't connect a phone to the computer for data, only for charging.

Also, some USB hubs mess up phone/tablet connections. Always connect directly to the computer if you have a problem.

Dude, I've been scratching my head over this for over an hour, installing/re-installing different things and reading articles. This was the solution for me. Was originally using the Chromcast charging cable and had no idea it was missing the data wires. Switched to a regular cable and it's working now. Haha, thanks so much!