my files

images

device storage

camera

select all

created a new folder in sd card called new sd photos

and moved them to there

and now i cant find folder or photos
Check to make sure that you actually saved the pictures onto the external sd card and not the internal sd card by accident. Also, use a file manager to search the directory you saved the photos in just to make sure the images are there. If there, then make sure the photo gallery/viewer app you are using can see that same directory.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: cant find transferred photos on samsung galaxy s3 help

Welcome to the forums. I agree with magnus. Most of the time, files are saved by default to the internal memory.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Yes, agree with above. Remember that with Android, the Internal Storage is considered by the system to be an "internal SD card," even though it's not removable. If you look at your directories with a file manager, you'll see "sdcard0" (which is the Internal Storage) and "sdcard1" (which is the External SD card).

Ealevenish

Banned
Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Yes, agree with above. Remember that with Android, the Internal Storage is considered by the system to be an "internal SD card," even though it's not removable. If you look at your directories with a file manager, you'll see "sdcard0" (which is the Internal Storage) and "sdcard1" (which is the External SD card).

+1

katie54321

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site

thanks for the info but i checked all the files on my sd card and device storage and still cant find the photos is it possible that when i moved them they got deleted

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you moved the photos to your SD, then remove it from the phone (unmounting first), insert it into your computer, and see if the computer sees the files. Samsung devices tend to have problems with SD card access.

Incidentally, in the future, I recommend COPYING rather than MOVING photos, since moving will delete them from the source.

Posted via Android Central App