Looking for the best android phone

lambrosio

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I always had blackberry, and now I have a iphone5.
But for the first time I m looking for an android phone!!!!
I read a lot of reviews but I need some help!!!
I need a workhorse.... So I need a very good battery life (at least one day of heavy use) , compact size ( easily using only one hand) and synchronization with Microsoft outlook ota ( contacts and calendar)
[
Please give me our opinions!!!!

Thanks

marcusb3495

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't think there is a smart phone with a battery life that you can use heavily for a day , I've only got a android tablet because I though I was missing out on something

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there is a smart phone with a battery life that you can use heavily for a day , I've only got a android tablet because I though I was missing out on something

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

LG g2. At least with my definition of heavy use. 4-6 hours of on screen time.

ಠ益ಠ

lambrosio

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
What is your carrier?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I'm from portugal...I always buy unlocked phones....
I very been reading good reviews about z1xperia compact and moto x....
Also the LG g2 seems to be a great phone but the only downside for me is the size....same for the nexus 5 that I read bad reviews about battery life...

LlamaGS

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Ah. The G2 has good battery life, not sure where you heard it was bad. The Droid Maxx has great battery life. Both are fast.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The RAZR MAXX is the king of battery life. But it may not work for you as it seems to be tied to Verizon. My Moto X regularly gets 5+ hours of screen on and 16 - 20 hours of battery life. I never use WiFi and use navigation, stream music, check social media & IM/Text throughout the day. Plus active notifications & touchless control are awesome!

Posted via Android Central App from my Ebony backed Moto X

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The RAZR MAXX is the king of battery life. But it may not work for you as it seems to be tied to Verizon. My Moto X regularly gets 5+ hours of screen on and 16 - 20 hours of battery life. I never use WiFi and use navigation, stream music, check social media & IM/Text throughout the day. Plus active notifications & touchless control are awesome!

Razr maxx is a 2 year old phone, I would never consider it to be the best phone today.

If you are talking about the Droid maxx, it is factory sim unlocked so should work on any compatible gsm network out of the box. However it may not support all the bands that your carrier uses.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Razr maxx is a 2 year old phone, I would never consider it to be the best phone today.

If you are talking about the Droid maxx, it is factory sim unlocked so should work on any compatible gsm network out of the box. However it may not support all the bands that your carrier uses.

So I left out the word Droid, woops.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
These days, a word or even a letter means a lot!;) Witness the upcoming confusion as we await the All New HTC One vs the All Old HTC One, not to mention the older HTC One S, One V, One SV, One X, One X+. Then there are all of the various Galaxy Tab and Notes with the corresponding size and year designations, and the Xperia Z variations--gets confusing really quickly, especially for the novice!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Note 3 - great phone - if you can palm a basketball. (Remember one of the criteria - easy one-handed operation.)

Synchronization with Outlook calendar and contacts doesn't depend on the phone, it depends on using the right apps and setting them up correctly. There are lot of articles on the web about how to do that. (And there's more than one way of doing it.)

Battery life. Let's face it, guys - a given iPhone has better battery life than the equivalent Android phone. Android is inherently not great on battery life. Some Android phones are battery pigs, others can go 4 days with light use, but for a phone that can be on for 8 hours of heavy use without charging, most Android phones would require 2 batteries and a swap before the day is out. (Unless you want to have 2 extended batteries, a large case and have one battery charging at home while you use the other one. 8 hours of screen time? Not on most smaller Androids.

Lambrosio, I don't think you're going to get what you're looking for. I love my Note 3s. I carry a pretty powerful computer in my pocket, the screen is large enough for 71 year old eyes, and I know how to get the maximum life out of my batteries (I still use an 11 year old phone with the original 2 batteries - I always buy a spare battery for a phone). But I'm not on the phone all day. I don't send 30 texts per hour. Some days the phone sits in my pocket all day, never being used. But 8 hours of phone calls? I think you'd need a spare battery.

As far as recommendations, a Samsung S4 may be small enough to be comfortable for you. Or even an S4 mini. (How young and how good are your eyes?) They're good phones, and with a spare battery, either one should last you all day. (Get a spare battery with a charger that charges the battery out of the phone, so you can charge both batteries at night.)

But it's still like ice cream - what's a good flavor? There's a lot of personal choice in a phone. (I won't buy one with a non-replaceable battery or without an external SD card.)

Ealevenish

Banned
Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Note 3 - great phone - if you can palm a basketball. (Remember one of the criteria - easy one-handed operation.)

Yep. But his first criterium is it being a workhorse.
You can't both have your cake and eat it. He'll have to decide which is more important for his use.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
These days, a word or even a letter means a lot!;) Witness the upcoming confusion as we await the All New HTC One vs the All Old HTC One, not to mention the older HTC One S, One V, One SV, One X, One X+. Then there are all of the various Galaxy Tab and Notes with the corresponding size and year designations, and the Xperia Z variations--gets confusing really quickly, especially for the novice!

So true. And so sad. And so ridiculous. I think adding a .2 to the name of a phone is the way to do it. Such as Nexus.6 or HTC One.2 or Samsung Galaxy.5 etc.....

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So I left out the word Droid, woops.

Fyi, the Droid maxx and droid razr maxx are two different phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress