Straight Talk LG Optimus Zip problems with sensory.

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I got my phone in 2012 and its been two years with the phone and today i woke up and it was working fine. and an hour later I tried to unlock my phone and it would not unlock. So I did the system restore it ends up being slow to unlock BUT after a while of trying to tap on apps it would not open any of them. now my question is how can I get my phone back to working? I've tried almost everything i could think of. does any one know what could be causing the sensors in the phone to not work? like i said it was working fine this morning

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say "system restore," do you mean a factory data reset? Or did you just reboot it? If you haven't already done so, I'd try a factory data reset, which will wipe your phone--so try to back things up first.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
After you did the factory reset, did you reinstall all apps like it was before? It's possible that some app you recently installed is causing problems, so that if you fully restored your phone to its pre-reset state, the problem app is still causing issues. Consider doing another reset, and seeing if the issues persist even without reinstalling all of your apps.

Another thing to consider is a new battery. Failing batteries can sometimes cause odd behavior. A quick and dirty way to check is to remove the battery, place it flat on a table, and try to spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which is bad. But even if it doesn't spin, it's worth trying a replacement.

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
i tried the spin and the one side it looks like it has a few bumps where the LG logo is and another one where the what you should not do with the battery pictures. it looks like its apart of the battery and its leting the battery spin freely. but on the opposite side it wont spin freely. i also tried another battery thats the same as the one i have and the phone still having issues

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a microSD card plugged in? If it gets corrupted, that's another potential source for glitches. Try unmounting the card (in Settings>Storage​), removing the card, and then rebooting.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No, there's nothing they'd be able to do about it. So there's no SD card? You know, it may be that the phone suddenly failed. 2 years is fairly old for a phone these days.