Mediaserver

Lyle DylandY

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
where does mediaserver come from? its draining 56% of my battery where in fact 2 days ago its just 2% and now its 56%.

so how can i low it down and make it 10% below? and what does it affect? please i need help sir/ma'am.

thank you!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Mediaserver is used to access media files - music, videos, etc. If you do that a lot (play music, watch videos), mediaserver will be using a larger percentage of your total battery usage.

But be aware of what that percentage in the battery app is showing. 56% usage by one service means that 56% of the total amount of battery being used is being used by that service. If 5% of your battery has been used (IOW, you have 95% charge left), about 2.5% of your battery charge was used by that service. If you add up all the percentages (and some of them are so small that they're not shown), they'll always equal 100%. IOW, 100% of the amount of battery charge being used is being used by something. That could be 1% of the total charge or it could be 90% of the total charge, but it's 100% of whatever amount is being used. So the fact that mediaserver is using 56% of the amount of charge being used doesn't mean that 56% of your battery charge is being used, it means that 56% of what's being used is being used by mediaserver. Don't just look at what's using what percentage of used charge, also look at the total amount of charge remaining.

(About the only way to reduce the amount of charge used by mediaserver is to play less music and watch fewer videos.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If your battery truly is draining unusually fast, there could be a corrupt media file stored somewhere. If the system's Media Scanner hits a corrupt file, it can get hung up and use excess battery. If you have an external SD card, unmount it (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and insert it into your Windows computer. Run chkdsk on it to see if there are any bad sectors. http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana