Stop play from updating?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
So the Play store updated itself to build 4.9.13, which that alone bothered me because it did so without notification and sucked on my data plan instead of waiting for Wi-Fi. So Google owes me for stealing bandwidth if you ask me.

That aside, I'm not liking the way they changed the app pages. Used to, you could see the date an app was last updated (I have several apps I'm not updating due to added issues according to reviews and this is handy to see if it's been updated again to fix them) and the file size on its main page, and you could easily read the "what's new" info with a single tap. Now if the update info doesn't fit in the little box, tapping it opens the full description in a new window and you have to scroll to the bottom to get to the "what's new section." That's also where you find the info on the update date and file size.

I want to uninstall the update, but I know play will just want to keep updating itself unless I do something to stop it. Is there a way to do so, even if it requires root? I'm not rooted, but I am looking into it anyways for other reasons. The new Play setup isn't difficult, but compared to the last version I had, this new way is convoluted and less efficient for checking app updates.

On a side note, is there anyway to provide Google with feedback on the Play app itself?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how to send feedback for Play. As for uninstalling, You could try to uninstall updates for Play in Settings>apps. And you would probably have to disable Google Play Services. But that may have an effect on other apps you might use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress