What makes a good camera on a smartphone?

FoSizzle

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I want to get a phone that has a decent camera that records audio with satisfaction. What feature do I need to look for in a phone to ensure it's a good camera?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I want to get a phone that has a decent camera that records audio with satisfaction. What feature do I need to look for in a phone to ensure it's a good camera?

Most new flagship phones come with a good camera, for me I look for quick auto focusing, the ease of taking pictures quickly and the overall outcome. I currently have the m8 - which captures pictures perfectly imo. They look great on the phone. I also record some video's and with the front facing speakers, this makes for an even better viewing experience. Other phone camera's such as LG G3 and Z2 beat the M8 in picture quality, but this is only noticeable when you zoom in on the photo. You can't really go wrong with most camera's these days on phones, even last years Nexus 5 and LG G2 have cracking cameras

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's not so much the features as it is the quality of the camera hardware and the processing software. The best thing to do is read a lot of reviews of phones you're interested in. Professional reviews always spend some time discussing the camera quality.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
For me, I look for fast shutter (HTC, Sony, Samsung all have it, with split second differences. I think HTC is the fastest), and quick access to the camera (from lock screen, or in the case of Z2 from the hardware button)

The rest is all down to skill, mitigated by good lense, sensor and software. All the newest flagships have plenty good hardware and software which is then all down to personal preference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress