Can any android voice app be accessed like Siri?

Chris McK

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I know there are plenty of voice apps for android but I can't find any way to make it work the same way.

For instance, with Siri, if I was driving and received a text message I could click a button on the headphones, Siri would activate and I could say 'read message'. It was great because I could read/send messsages all without touching the phone. Is there anyway to get android to work like this?

thanks for any help

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Sure, get a Moto X. No headset activation needed, it just prompts me and asks if I want it to read the message. It reads the message (if I ask it to) then prompts me to either reply to the message or cancel.

This capability is handled by the Moto Assist app (on the first-gen X, I think it's all rolled into the Moto app on the second-gen), these apps are only available for the Motorola devices that support them.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Dragon still leaves a LOT to be desired. I don't expect Naturally Speaking in a phone, but asking if I have new emails shouldn't open a new email for me to send, or tell me it can't check my messages. The Galaxy assistant works better (but not that great either).