My phone browser keeps opening a spam page. How to stop?

semilovr12

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
My browser starting opening this link [link removed by Moderator]

Taking about a phone system upgrade. I know its spam because the phones don't update through a web page. I can't get this window to go away. Every time I open the browser that spam window is the first one to open. How do I get it to stop opening? I ran a couple virus/malware checks and nothing is found, but obviously that's not accurate. Help please. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try going to Settings>Apps>All​, select the browser, and Force Stop, then Clear Cache/Clear Data. If the browser syncs with Chrome (or if you're using Chrome), make sure you clear out your Chrome history on your desktop as well, since they sync.

haberpth

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try going to Settings>Apps>All​, select the browser, and Force Stop, then Clear Cache/Clear Data. If the browser syncs with Chrome (or if you're using Chrome), make sure you clear out your Chrome history on your desktop as well, since they sync.

I had the same problem. I followed your instructions and it seems to have stopped. Thanks!!!

ashusmile2

Jan 13, 2018
Visit site
Plzz hlp m3

I had the same problem and used the solution posted above of force stop but it didnot worked.

Mubashir Abbas

Sep 24, 2018
Visit site
I had the same problem on my Moto G1. It sometimes happens when you download an app off the internet which ends up having a virus. Best way to deal with it is to do the following:

1. Go to Settings > Storage > Apps
2. Go to Downloaded and look for an app without a name. Usually listed near the middle or the bottom.

Deleting this app should remove the virus. Hope this works for you.

Ador Khaan

Oct 4, 2018
Visit site
I had the same problem on my Moto G1. It sometimes happens when you download an app off the internet which ends up having a virus. Best way to deal with it is to do the following:

2. Go to Downloaded and look for an app without a name. Usually listed near the middle or the bottom.

Love you man. This worked for me like magic. I had a feeling that something like this happened a few days ago. But couldn't find the app. You're a life saver man... :)

donovan elliott

Jan 16, 2019
Visit site
While I am browsing the internet I keep getting a pop-up window to [link removed by mod] <a spam site> plz help

LetiaEsor

Feb 24, 2023
Visit site

Oh my goodness you are a lifesaver. I did what you listed and it worked. I found an app I wasn't familiar with and deleted it. It worked like a charm after that. I don't see those random pop ups. Thank you!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87