How to reset my phone?

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I have a samsung captivate, i rooted my phone worked fine, then i tried to use root explorer to change the value of my install non market apps from a 0 to a 1 in order to remove it, then i rebooted my phone and it wont make it past the galaxy s screen it just goes black with no response, what can i do? the phone was rooted perfectly, not a problem, i will show you everything i did, i followed these videos, YouTube - How to install 3rd party applications on the Samsung Captivate Galaxy S device (AT&T 2.1 Eclair) that was for the 3rd party app reset, AT&T Samsung Captivate / Galaxy S root tutorial mounted it with these instructions, please help me, ive only had my phone for 2 months i need to get it fixed

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
yes i took the battery out, i even had to delete the cache, then delete user data on the recovery menu but still nothing, once it makes it past the galaxy s screen it goes black and buttons on the bottom light up if you touch them but the screen is unresponsive

rosser

Former Advisor
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Try this
"Turn the power off. If your Samsung Captivate is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
Hold the Volume Down button
Press and release the Power button
You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
Press and release the Power button
Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO"
I found this on Google . Here's the link knowyourcell.com/samsung/samsung-captivate/captivate-guides/513597/how_to_hard_reset_the_samsung_captivate.html

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
i tried that like you said, i took the battery out, put it in, held the down button for the volume, then i pused the power button, released it, and the at&t world phone screen popped up and it started to boot it didnt access the menu you were saying, then it froze like it was before with no change

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non