Why is my phone asking me to enter a privacy protection password to unlock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m9joshi

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
enter privacy protection password to unlock

i changed the sim card of my phone and after rebooting the device, it shows a lock page saying " please enter privacy protection password to unlock". this page don't have Google log in method even.
please help me out....

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: enter privacy protection password to unlock

Sounds like the SIM card is password (PIN, rather... SIM cards aren't usually that smart) protected. Is the message appearing after the OS boots or before it does? If it's before, most likely your phone is not unlocked for other carrier's SIMs and you're trying to use one of those. If the prompt appears after the OS loads but before you can get into the phone, it's the SIM. Try removing the SIM and booting up without it. If the prompt goes away, there's a PIN protection on the card.

m9joshi

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: enter privacy protection password to unlock

my phone is normal gsm and support all carrier's SIMs...
i tried hard reset on my phone and tried to boot the device after removing the sim card even..
still showing the same locked screen.

Zard777

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
same problem goes for me.. Ive performed several hard reset on my phone and still the same privacy password protect appears... dont know what to do.. :(

Hovatek

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
my phone is normal gsm and support all carrier's SIMs...
i tried hard reset on my phone and tried to boot the device after removing the sim card even..
still showing the same locked screen.

same problem goes for me.. Ive performed several hard reset on my phone and still the same privacy password protect appears... dont know what to do.. :(

hard reset wont help. you'll need to flash the stock ROM. fixed such issues several times on Tecno Android phones

chuckssolo

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Possibly u set up anti theft password on your android with the first Sim card. Just insert the anti theft password and the phone will be un locked. Did mine that way and it opened for me. Hope it works for you too.
Goodluck

Anish Mehta1

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
So I tried removing the SIM card and rebooted the OS. The Privacy Protection Message did not disappear. Please advise what else I can do to make this message disappear please.

Buba Bajinka

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
i need help my phone has a problem.my phone ask me to enter privacy protection password to unlock.i need urgent respond because is the phone i use.

Na Sravan

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
i changed the sim card of my phone and after rebooting the device, it shows a lock page saying " please enter privacy protection password to unlock"

Francesyeah

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I have a problem with my phone it's a Rio Junior Tv, and the situation was like this:
I inserted another sim in the Sim2 slot, and when I booted it a second or so my phone asked me for a PRIVATE PROTECTION PASSWORD. And the thing is, I activated it like a month ago and I forgot what the PASSWORD was, so here I am. Unable to access my datas, what do I do?
I think my phone thought I'm the theft, and I just really happen to forget what was the password, can you help me please?
I tried removing my sim and booted it again (without the sim) my phone still asking for a password, I looked onto some websites and tried wipe data/factory reset, so yeah it wiped all my data, but it's still asking for password. :(:':)eek: what to do really?

danieleitor99

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Please I need help and sorry for my english but I am very worry. I have changed my sim card and when I booting up my phone again I get introduce the pin but my phone tell me that I have to introduce "Privacy Protect password" and I don´t know what is it???
I have tried on without the sim card and the phone follow needing the Privacy Protect password.
PLEASE HELP ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member