Who is using a Screen capture app (Unrooted)

CoreShaker

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if I understood the question here; but I think it is 2 fold:
Q1 - Is it possible to take a screenshoot without rooting?
Q2 - Is it a security issue to be able to take a screenshoot if a phone is not rooted?

Answer to Q1 - Yes for Samsung Galaxy Tab (Android=2.2 Build=FROYO.XWJJ3)

Simply press on the ?Back? softkey and click in the ?Power/Lock? button at the same time. You will get a pop-up message telling you that a screenshoot has been taken.

Go to the gallery app and there' you'll find ?ScreenCapture.? Alternatively browse to in with the ?My Files? app. The images are in \ScreenCapture folder.

Answer Q2 - I honestly do not know. It may be, and if it is and issue it may be mitigated by not allowing it to be done via software. I'm not sure if this can be done on other FROYO based units.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if I understood the question here; but I think it is 2 fold:
Q1 - Is it possible to take a screenshoot without rooting?
Q2 - Is it a security issue to be able to take a screenshoot if a phone is not rooted?

Answer to Q1 - Yes for Samsung Galaxy Tab (Android=2.2 Build=FROYO.XWJJ3)

Simply press on the ?Back? softkey and click in the ?Power/Lock? button at the same time. You will get a pop-up message telling you that a screenshoot has been taken.

Go to the gallery app and there' you'll find ?ScreenCapture.? Alternatively browse to in with the ?My Files? app. The images are in \ScreenCapture folder.

Answer Q2 - I honestly do not know. It may be, and if it is and issue it may be mitigated by not allowing it to be done via software. I'm not sure if this can be done on other FROYO based units.

This question does not apply to the tab.

There are phones out there that are not rooted, using apps for screen capture that are meant for rooted devices, but yet they are able to take screen shots in eclair and froyo. we are trying to find a common denominator between these anomolies.

But thank you for your attempt to answer.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Shootme didn't work for me on DX before .340 update. I never tried on .340 but rooted and using ShootMe. ShootMe just updated so you can do a video. It nice but it only does 10 fps so it's plays back like it's laggy but still good.

Laceyy_Hooker

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I really want an ScreenShot App, however....most dont work unless my device is rooted. I just recently got this HTC Inspire 4G and I'm scared that if I root my device, something might go wrong!!?!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I really want an ScreenShot App, however....most dont work unless my device is rooted. I just recently got this HTC Inspire 4G and I'm scared that if I root my device, something might go wrong!!?!

There's really not much to worry about but definitely don't do anything until you feel comfortable and understand the root process... its not as complicated as it sounds. There's always the option of taking screen shots using the sdk for non-rooted users but I think its easier to just root your device.
Taking screen shots without root: http://www.androidcentral.com/taking-screenshots-without-root

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Setting up the SDK is not that hard, just takes a little bit of time if it's your first time. It's a good process to go through because you'll have your phone ready for development if you decide to root the phone and become involved development side of things or need to use development type of commands.

Most root exploits are one click apps. Great for the end users but leaves many missing out on basic SDK commands and understanding.

txflea

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I have the Fascinate 2.2.1 I originally had screenshot and it worked fine, then I updated the firmware and it no longer works. I have not been able to find ANYTHING that works with this phone and I am uncomfortable rooting it. I'm not that savvy. This sucks:-\

handscreate

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of a screen shot app for a non-rooted Thunderbolt? It's 1 of a few things that I really miss from my BlackBerry... And I'm kinda iffy about rooting my phone since I've been told it's not a Mac friendly process... Thanks in advance!

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non