Hello everyone
    I recently bought a LG Optimus one (p500) which runs on Android 2.2.

My questions are:

My battery life depletes about 10% everyday (is that normal?)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3163/taskiller.jpg (direct link,just in case)
    What does the 242M means?

These are what has been using the battery:
    Cell standby 73%
    Android system 22%
    Display 10%
    Voice calls 3%
    Wi-Fi 2%

I've also disabled the background data and auto-sync in my acc&syn settings
    01-17-2011 07:48 PM
    Hello everyone
    I recently bought a LG Optimus one (p500) which runs on Android 2.2.

My questions are:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3163/taskiller.jpg (direct link,just in case)
    What does the 242M means?

These are what has been using the battery:
    Cell standby 73%
    Android system 22%
    Display 10%
    Voice calls 3%
    Wi-Fi 2%

I've also disabled the background data and auto-sync in my acc&syn settings
    I would suggest removing Task killer most likely the cause of your problem
    242M is available memory. i wouldnt worry about that either as android is set up to manage memory in a specific way
    zeekzee likes this.
    01-17-2011 07:53 PM
    Your cell standby seems to be a bit high. Give us the info when you click cell standby.

I would remove task killer like Droid said, it's not needed on the Android os. Also, try rebooting the phone, I would go as far as factory reset (be sure to backup data).
    zeekzee likes this.
    01-17-2011 09:19 PM
    I agree with srkmagnus, that seems high for standby. How often are you on wifi, and how is the signal where you live/work?
    zeekzee likes this.
    01-18-2011 08:53 AM
    yeah cell standby is really high, usually display takes the #1 spot for battery consumption. Like it was stated earlier, remove task killer, reboot, and last resort backup and factory reset
    zeekzee likes this.
    01-18-2011 11:11 AM
    Im def in agreeance with everyone above task killers on 2.2 consumes more power which prolly explains why cell standby is so high.
    I used to swear by advanced task killer when I was on 2.1 but 2.2 learns and efficiently manages memory.
    zeekzee likes this.
    01-18-2011 01:12 PM
    Depends on your usage. Many people would be extremely happy if they only used 10% per day. Sounds like you're not using the device much at all. If that's the case then that's probably why cell standby is so high and display is not. The battery usage screen is a useful tool but you do need to know how to interpret it within the context of your own usage.

Is there a reason why you're trying to hypermile over multiple days? Is your device needed when you sleep so it cannot be charged at that time?
    zeekzee likes this.
    01-19-2011 08:27 AM
    Thanks for all your help (and sorry for the late replies)

My current battery use status is:
    cell standby 46%
    [ Use details: Time On 1D 1H 28M, time w/o signal 0%]

android system 22%
    [ CPU total 2h 40m
    Included packages : com.lge.internal, com.lge.hiuddenmenu, settings, network location, flexprovider, bluetooth services, vpn services, acc and sync settings, com.android.dunserver, android system, settings storage]

Phone idle 21 %
    Display 6%
    Voice calls 5%
    android OS 2%

I have removed the taskiller app , do i remove the taskiller widget too?
    I use the wi-fi whenever available usually twice a day.
    & how do i factory reset? ><
    01-31-2011 11:13 PM
    Remove anything releated to task killer but if that app has a widget, it should remove it as well.

Shut off wifi until you get into an area with wifi that you are able to connect too. For example, you use wifi at point a and point b but no wifi from point a to b, shut off wifi when going between point 1 and point b.

Factory reset can be done Menu>Settings>Privacy then factory reset.
    zeekzee likes this.
    01-31-2011 11:20 PM
    Thank you but how do i backup all my data?
    The privacy setting only has factory data reset
    02-01-2011 12:10 AM
    Don't need to, once you do a factory data reset, you will log onto your phone with your gmail account and all your market downloads will be there for you to download. And all your e-mail and contacts will come back.

If you do root your phone you can get Titanium Backup and it will backup/restore everything.

But before you do it, you can just get rid of task killers all together. And go from there and see how your phone is.
    02-01-2011 10:53 AM
    Ok
    By getting rid of the task killers do you mean by uninstalling them?
    02-02-2011 02:33 AM
    You can get away with just turning off with not using them (and making sure auto kill is off) but it doesn't hurt to uninstall too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    zeekzee likes this.
    02-03-2011 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD