What is monkey test & time service?

A

AC Question

unfortunately, monkey test has stopped

unfortunately, monkey test has stopped

delmaracer

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: TimeService/MonkeyTest trojan. How to remove?

No matter what I do to get around the trojan, I can't. That means I would have to select either 'Always' or 'just once' and both of those options scare the hell outa me! WTF?
How do get around this so I can get to my settings?
Thanks,
desperate

viju123456

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Monkey test and time service

i am facing the same problem on my android mobile phone. i also tried the method suggested by you but its not working. can u plz tell in detail the method u used to get ridd of this malware monkey test and time service. which "malwarebyte" software should be used because there are many versions..

vikas1996

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
re: What is monkey test & time service?

I was being troubled by "Time Service" & "Monkey test" which were not getting uninstalled even after "Factory reset" or "Hard Reset".
Further apps like Hola launcher, Easy Touch, etc were getting self installed as soon as I connected to Wifi or Data network. Now I have changed the gmail password (through laptop) and voila I am not being nagged by the malwares or self installing Apps. However the malware are still present in the phone in disabled (disabled through "Device control" & Busybox) state and may mutate any time. Now I again plan to Hard Reset my phone to try to remove them also. Bye to Google Play Store

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: Monkey Test and Time Service Virus, how can I get this removed?

dear friends,
not to worry.. its very simple.
go in apps---downloaded-----setting service--uninstall it & time service---its done.
the main cause of this automatic installation of time service was setting service app which is new to ur downloaded app list.

thanks
Pravin

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Unfortunately, monkey test has stopped, how can I fix it?

I think AC Question is spamming us.

I was wondering if it's weird account name because I usually access the forums from the AC Forums app. Then one day I was on their main website and there's now a box in the forums where people can ask questions without even being a member. I think those are the ones being posted as "AC Question." I will say that the quality of these posts are pretty low. Half the time I can't even tell what the actual question is.

Samuel240

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
How do I fix Monkey test has stopped?

The clause "unfortunately monkey test has stopped and time service is coming up every two seconds. How do I fix it?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: unfortunately, monkey test has stopped

I think Monkey Test is an app related to Memory Boost. Uninstall this app and see if the problem persist.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: How do I fix Monkey test has stopped?

Hello Samuel, welcome to the forums! Do you have Memory Boost or a similar app installed in your phone? If so uninstall it and see if the problem persists.

Q

Question

monkey test stopped working. how do i fix this ?

it shows that monkey test has stopped working, and if I try to uninstall it then there comes if I uninstall the built-in program than other app may misbehave...

f066457

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site

Please help !!! Same ploblem !! Il reinstall at phone startup (MonkeyTest, TimeService, Hola launcher and an other one)....... So bored !!

Jarlison Silva

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site

Very simple.
Come on:
1. Find that 2 apps ~>
# TimeService
# MonkeyTest
2. Force the stop of the 2 apps , then immediately uninstall the 2 following order:
First Desintale the TimeService and then MonkeyTest .
Note : the MonkeyTest will is not with the uninstall option , so you focus arrest and Click Turn Off !
Reboot the machine and ready !!!
:)

f066457

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site

I can uninstall both TimeService and MonkeyTest.
But 4 of then (1 MonkeyTest and 3 TimeService can only be turned off).
They are stored in /system/app and in /system/priv-app, so they can't be removed (except if you're root I imagine)
Files are:
/system/app/providerdown.apk (Timeservice)
/system/priv-app/cameraupdate.apk (Monkeytest)
/system/priv-app/providerCertificate.apk (Timeservice)
/system/priv-app/ThemeManags.apk (Timeservice)

If I restart my phone, I got (Android is updating) and these fu**ing programs are installed again and I hace to fore stop, uninstall again and again and again........

If I reboot, It's after a momment that new apps are installed (Hola launcher and somme other annoying apps !!!)

So, Jarlison, have a look again and tel me if they're really down on your phone.
I'm not as lucky as you...

Last edited:

OMET

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site

You can disable them in android settings:

Apps- swipe to all-Press to select which ones you want -Disable notifications-Force stop-Disable.
It doesn't delete them, but will stop them working.

Eng Davis

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site

Finally!!!!!....i too had the same problem with monkey test and time service,i tried rooting,uninstalling,malwarebytes,disabling installation from unknown sources,android antivirus,even saved my files and did a factory reset-all this don't work,it keeps coming back.it seems that the malware goes to the operating system of the device.The Only Solution is to wipe everything from your device,that means flashing using a Clean stock Rom of your device and flashtool,real easy...Mine is as good as before now