Why won't my Mac recognize my Android?

A

AC Question

Mac won't recognize my android.

I need to transfer video files from my droid Razr to my Macbook pro. I downloaded Android file transfer, but my computer is not recognizing the phone when I hook it up via USB. I tried downloading Motorola Device Manager, because it may have something to do with the driver? ( I don't know what that is but I'm just seeking out hints and clues on the internet and making my best guesses with little know-how) But MDM doesn't seem to appear in my computer applications after install. It says install is complete but It is nowhere to be found. I tried several times, rebooted my machine, nothing. Can you help?

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: Mac won't recognize my android.

Greetings and welcome to Android Central!

It's possible to do so if you enable USB debugging in your Settings. Settings > Developer options > and then enable USB debugging; should be something close to this.

Hope you get what you're wanting to do and enjoy! :cool:

laineypc

May 13, 2016
Visit site
I found the answer on my Motorola Droid Turbo 2. The USB was set to "charge only from the USB". It offered me the option to "use the USB to download photos" after I had plugged in the USB to my MacBook Pro and unlocked the phone. I had also downloaded Android File Transfer and I am not sure whether I actually needed that to do the file transfer to Photos. Also, I was unable to call up the USB options list from my settings, it just appeared when I plugged it in and unlocked it.