Is there an app that will lock the screen without turning it off?

A

AC Question

Does exist an App that lock the screen, but DONT turn it off the screen, just block!

Hello! My name is Thales and I'm from Brazil!
I have tryied everything, but I cant find an app that will just lock the screen without turns it off.
All the Apps from the Play Store titled "Lock Screen" does the same thing: Turn the damn screen OFF!

It's that simple! I just need to lock the screen from a widget or app trigger that don't let the screen off.

It can be from another ways, like to set (superuser) the tablet to never turns the screen off. NEVER! :p
But I dont know anything about root and that stuff.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Thales.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Does exist an App that lock the screen, but DONT turn it off the screen, just block!

If you don't know about root, you don't know about programming, and you'd have to write an app that keeps the screen on (or rewrite Android [which is open-source, so you can get it] to not turn the screen off).

The screen is one of the largest battery users, which is why it's turned off in portable devices. (It can also burn an image in, meaning that if you have the same thing on the screen for hours every day, eventually you'll see that on the screen even when other apps are running.)