Colornote password reset help.

tjne

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
I just got a Motorola Droid Turbo 2, re-installed Colornote and can't remember my password to sign in and retrieve my info from the online sync. I have a lot of important info on there that I NEED to get back. I can't find an option to reset the password. I emailed the Colornote people and they sent a auto-response email back and basically said we can't answer all emails and to check FAQ (already did that) and if I can't find help there email their support team (did that, haven't gotten a response) so I'm not feeling much love from them. Please help. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm not sure how we can help. If there were an easy way to bypass the password, then it wouldn't be much of a security feature. Keep trying to contact the Colornote devs (notesupport@socialnmobile.com). Unfortunately, this line from the FAQ doesn't make me optimistic about your chances of recovering the data: "Make sure that you don't forget the master password. To prevent others from accessing your locked notes, ColorNote doesn't have the option to find the master password."

In these situations, if you're prone to forgetting something important like your password (especially to access data that is very important to you), make sure you write that password down on a piece of paper and keep it secure at home, like in a safe.

tjne

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, I have a password system that normally works very well and I don't have to write them down. Apparently my system failed in this case. I may have signed in with my Google account however if I try it and that is not it will I be able to get back to my original account (I think set up by email) by uninstalling/reinstalling the app?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I have a password system that normally works very well and I don't have to write them down. Apparently my system failed in this case. I may have signed in with my Google account however if I try it and that is not it will I be able to get back to my original account (I think set up by email) by uninstalling/reinstalling the app?

Please don't think you don't ever need them stored somewhere, especially for financial things.

My daddy got sick overnight, couldn't remember his passwords and my mother couldn't even get access to their joint bank account for days.

tjne

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Yea I guess you are right, I hadn't thought of that. I will document them and put them in a safe place. Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38