All kinds of XFinity issues

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi Gang. I recently installed XFinity internet and cable TV. I've had annoying problems with this WiFi. First my Wifes GalaxyS6 wouldn't connect. After an hour of googling, I installed the DNS SET app. And that works great for her, but needs to be activated every so often on her phone.
My S5 hangs every so often which is a pain in my nutz.
Even my laptop hangs, problems with Chrome connecting. I know this is more of a WiFi thing than an android thing, but I'm desperate for answers.
Can I return this gateway thing that I'm paying $10 a month for? If so what router can I use? Don't I need this *gateway* for Xfinity TV?
Anything you have for me is appreciated. I'm jumping through hoops to get reliable Wifi, and with the $$ I'm spending per month, I shouldn't have to, Uggh

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You can buy your own modem / router and just use that. It will most likely solve your issues.

You can use whatever router but must have an approved modem. I bought the one below and it works great. Once I got the modem I just called and said I want to use my own and they asked for the MAC address. Once they had that in their system I was good to go.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AJHDZS...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4964500