I just bought a new Fujitsu tablet. I'd like to know how to do a fresh install of Android. I've come across some info that talks about installing custom ROMS, but I want to do a fresh install Android from an official source to maximize the security of my data.

Can anyone point me in the right direction and is there anything to look out for (this device uses a SIM card), since I can't seem to find a direct download for Android (6.0, 7,.0 etc.) on any sites.
    07-31-2017 08:32 PM
    Hi there,

You shouldn't need to download anything! Just do a 'factory reset' on your device. This deletes all user data on your device (apps, files, accounts, downloads, saves, media, etc.) and re-installs the Android ROM that shipped with your device (or an updated version if that was downloaded/updated in the meantime).

You have two options for that. You can either find the option in your device's settings (can vary per device, but it's usually in the Security section) or you can boot it up in Recovery mode and select the 'Erase Data' option. Again, how to boot up in that mode varies by device. Since I don't know which model you have specifically, I'm attaching a link to a Fujitsu phone... most times the method is consistent across the same manufacturer's devices, so that will probably work on your tablet as well. If not, a quick Google search for 'recovery mode' including your specific model should do the trick.

FUJITSU STYLISTIC M532 - How to Hard Reset my phone - HardReset.info
    08-01-2017 01:02 AM
    If you bought the tablet new from an authorized dealer, then it'll already have a fresh, secure install of Android on it. OS updates are likely handled automatically from their servers.

You don't have to worry about installing custom ROMS and such unless you are specifically looking to change your device from the OEM stock version of Android. The way to install those is very device specific, and many lesser known devices may not even have that ability. It's not something you can do accidentally because of the steps involved.
    08-01-2017 08:37 PM
    Sorry, I bought the tablet used, which is the reason why I want to reinstall Android.

Is it possible for someone to install a virus on a used tablet or viruses to stay installed even after doing a factory reset? Theoretically if someone installed an infected ROM or kernal on the used device it could effect whoever bought it.
    08-01-2017 09:05 PM