Android wifi connects/disconnects-constantly needs resetting....help!

Tony Ferrol

Feb 27, 2018
Visit site
I have a cubot cheetah 2 phone on Giffgaff. This is my second phone, and i've noticed that the wifi constantly disconnects. I either have to wait and it'll reset a few minutes later, or if that doesn't work do a rest on my phone. When the phone comes back on the wifi is usually always there, and I can connect to the net again straight away. Then, sometimes an hour later, or longer (sometimes even shorter) it'll just disconnect again. I can literally be in the same room/next room and it'll show the wifi but I cannot get online with any app. I reset, works fine for a while, and then just disconnects again. I've tried wiping the net settings on the phone and re-entered them, messed with a few options on the phone and it still does it. This is the second phone that had the same issue, so i'm starting to think it isn't the phone and maybe my settings are off or something. Not very tech literate, so if anyone has any suggestions before I send it back I'm all ears (missus has Iphone and that works perfectly....Youtube etc all work fine).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen on any wi-fi network, or just your home network?