8350 Curve to Droid - Questions

Berkshire5

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
All,

New to the forums, but have been a long time Blackberry user. I am aware of the potential release of N1 anyday now, but I don't want to wait anymore.

I'm going to get myself a Droid in the next few days, and would like to know the best way to transfer contacts to the new Droid.

Also, how does the 'exchange' program work on the Droid? Is it downloadable in the Android Markets?

Some of you must be wondering why I am making the switch, but to simply put, the Curve 2's build quality is AWFUL.

Thank you all in advance for my newbie questions.

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
If you go through Verizon, They should be able to set you up with a Google acct. and then go through the Google sync and your contacts will move over to your new phone.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Moving this since it's more of a general Android question, than a device specific question. Android has native support for Exchange, so there's nothing you need to buy to get it to work. Having said that, there are some functions lacking in the native Exchange/Mail & Calendar app that make it frustrating for the power user. You can download an app called Touchdown from the market that adds a lot of functionality:

NitroDesk Inc. - TouchDown™ features

Also, there are a gazillion "switching from BB to Android" threads in these forums. Some of them might be worth reading if you're coming from a BB.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to get myself a Droid in the next few days, and would like to know the best way to transfer contacts to the new Droid.
Best is always subjective. You can use Google sync. You can sync the BB to a PC and get the contacts into a CSV file (either using the ASCII importer/exporter in Desktop Manager or via Outlook) and then import the CSV into gmail. You can sync to Outlook and purchase CompanionLink and sync. I'm sure there are plenty of other options as well.

Define exactly what you mean by "best" for us and that might help to narrow down the options a bit.

Also, how does the 'exchange' program work on the Droid? Is it downloadable in the Android Markets?
It's delivered with the Droid -- no need to download. I'd suggest checking out Touchdown. The HTC Work Email app also tends to get recommended.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo