HELLO ! I think i did a bad thing and i need your help . Accidentally i have erased the gmsnet2.jpg.jpg from Android/data/com.google.android.gms/files. This happened 3 days ago. I have restarted the phone but it not reappeared. I did something bad ? Shall i download t from the internet and put it back? What was this file for and what are the risks for not having it.
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP !!!
    12-05-2018 02:47 PM
    It's actually a square white picture - nothing on it but white, about half the screen. If you've never seen that on the screen, I wouldn't worry about it.

(It's actually gmsnet2.jpg.) I'm attaching it, but as you can see, it's nothing. (It's actually one pixel wide by 1 pixel high - I just checked it out - so forget the "half screen" thing. Oops - make that 800 wide by 600 high. 96dpi. But it won't upload here as anything for some reason. And Paint.net considers it a background layer. )

(If I could figure out how to upload a .zip file, I'd put it here for you to download - we used to be able to, but even though I upload it to the file manager, it doesn't show in the file manager.)
    Attached Thumbnails Deleted gmsnet2.jpg.jpg from Pixel 2-gmsnet2.jpg  
    12-05-2018 03:19 PM
    It's actually a square white picture - nothing on it but white, about half the screen. If you've never seen that on the screen, I wouldn't worry about it.

(It's actually gmsnet2.jpg.) I'm attaching it, but as you can see, it's nothing. (It's actually one pixel wide by 1 pixel high - I just checked it out - so forget the "half screen" thing. Oops - make that 800 wide by 600 high. 96dpi. But it won't upload here as anything for some reason. And Paint.net considers it a background layer. )

(If I could figure out how to upload a .zip file, I'd put it here for you to download - we used to be able to, but even though I upload it to the file manager, it doesn't show in the file manager.)
    THANK YOU RUKBAT but :
    I know but i read this:
    sd_card_test
    Attempts to understand if the SD card has been tampered with. This creates a JPEG file named gmsnet2.jpg on the SD card, fills it with some hard-coded content. IT then analyses if the length of the file matches a hard-coded value and verifies if the written bytes match what was sent, byte by byte. I am not sure I understand why this check exists and under what security-related conditions it would fail.

on this link
    https://koz.io/inside-safetynet/

and i think google was using somehow that image for some security stuff
    SO, SHALL I PUT IT BACK THERE OR NOT? TILL I DELETED I DID NOT SEE SOME STTRANGE BEHAVIOUR SOMEHOW BUT ALSO IT DID NOT RECREATED
    12-09-2018 12:12 PM