Apple granted "mother of all smartphone software patents"

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I see your problem. Your comparing things to your bionic. Maybe Verizon's pricing is different. But like I said I'm comparing the top Android phone to the top iOS phone. And right now the GS3 happens to be the top. The one x is a good phone and the galaxy nexus still holds it own, but they are old news.

Also you even say the one x is $549 off contract and the same size iPhone is $649 off contract. You don't see the Apple tax?

Also, yes the internal storage can be misleading. But with expandable memory who cares.

I paid $299 for my tbolt that I kept for 9 months. It was an OK phone, came with a 32GB card and 8GB usable internal.

I just can't see your point that apples devices fall in line with the rest of the industry. Saying the ipad2 is $399 don't mean anything when compared to new gen tablets. That's like saying a 2010 Benz is as good as a 2013 Genesis because they are worth the same. I mean compare apples to apples and use each companies latest products not old ones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'm not saying that the prices are the same. My point is that Apple has products in the same price range as Android products. Some are cheaper. Some are more expensive. But to me, pricing is similar. Not exactly the same. But close enough.

You're talking direct comparisons. I'm talking ranges. Even though the 3GS and 4 are older, this is the route Apple is going with to compete at lower price points. Just because they're older devices doesn't mean they're irrelevant.

And again, expandable memory isn't an Android feature. Theoretically, a 16GB iPhone user can fit more apps on their phone than a 16GB One X user.

If people keep harping on the myth that Apple is "expensive", I fear people will continue to spread the myth that Android is for "cheap" people.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
O
I'm not saying that the prices are the same. My point is that Apple has products in the same price range as Android products. Some are cheaper. Some are more expensive. But to me, pricing is similar. Not exactly the same. But close enough.

You're talking direct comparisons. I'm talking ranges. Even though the 3GS and 4 are older, this is the route Apple is going with to compete at lower price points. Just because they're older devices doesn't mean they're irrelevant.

And again, expandable memory isn't an Android feature. Theoretically, a 16GB iPhone user can fit more apps on their phone than a 16GB One X user.

If people keep harping on the myth that Apple is "expensive", I fear people will continue to spread the myth that Android is for "cheap" people.

I have yet to see a Android phone that cost more than $660 lately. So saying apple is in line is false. Even on contract android phones are $299 and under. Way less than top of the line iPhones which go up to $399 on contract to $849 off. If that's in line with the industry norm why is every android and windows phone cheaper by $200(off contract)?

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
You do understand that Amazon and Google priced their products with little to no profit margins in order to gain market share, right?

And the Nexus 7 isn't the only Android tablet available.

You also understand that amazon has the content to make up the difference right. Google does too but not on the level amazon does. Its like the holidays at grocery stores. They give you deals on ham and turkeys because they know while your there you'll buy veggies and condiments for your meal at a higher or same price.

Apple is way too money hungry to ever do that.

sirheck

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Back to the software thing.

The new iphone 5 may have NFC it seems and apple is or seems to
mention it as one of the new features.

Thoughts? Nokia had this on their phones like 10 years ago.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Not quite sure what you're asking.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Apple is way too money hungry to ever do that.

I don't see anything wrong with trying to make as much money as possible.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

When Google added NFC to their phones, they touted it as a new feature.

Not sure what your point is. Feels like an "Apple doesn't innovate" comment.

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
When Google added NFC to their phones, they touted it as a new feature.

Not sure what your point is. Feels like an "Apple doesn't innovate" comment.

Most stuff is a copy or re-imagination of something that already existed. Another example with NFC is that Mastercard had this on their credit cards for at least the last 5 years but now with Google Wallet it's suddenly a new thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress