Trade HTC One S for Samsung Galaxy Nexus?

phonohead

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I recently bought the Google Nexus 7 and fell inlove with the 'pure Google experience'. My HTC One S is bloated with carrier programs and things/settings that's just in the way, causing a less pleasent experience. Having a phone with the same free experience as the GN7 would be great.

So, is it a stupid trade? I am aware of certain hardware differences such as the webcam and maybe even more I am not aware of.

Bought the HTC One S back in July.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I recently bought the Google Nexus 7 and fell inlove with the 'pure Google experience'. My HTC One S is bloated with carrier programs and things/settings that's just in the way, causing a less pleasent experience. Having a phone with the same free experience as the GN7 would be great.

So, is it a stupid trade? I am aware of certain hardware differences such as the webcam and maybe even more I am not aware of.

Bought the HTC One S back in July.

I just spent about one minute doing a ebay search. The average price for a One S looks to be around $300; the average price for a Galaxy Nexus looks to be around $225. So from that standpoint, you'd be on the losing end of that trade. I guess you could try to sell your One S and then buy a Galaxy Nexus (new or used), but that's more work.

Alternatively, you could root your One S and install a stock ROM.