How many converts to Android from iPhone?

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I would be really interested to know how many people have gone over to Android as a direct result from upgrading to IOS 7, i did, how many of you did too? IOS 7 hasn't been around long but i wonder!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
There will be more an more, we're sure. I tried iOS7 my daughter's 4 and the adjectives that came to mind included disqusting and gross. ...but that's just me.

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
There will be more an more, we're sure. I tried iOS7 my daughter's 4 and the adjectives that came to mind included disqusting and gross. ...but that's just me.
You're quite right with what you thought, i just couldn't believe that that was what we had been waiting months for, i was just in total disbelief, the fact that the day iPhone 5s was released was the day i went over to Android speaks volumes.

TeknoBug

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site

My mother had an iPhone 4 and recently updated to iOS7, when I met her for lunch I got to play with it a little and the scrolling speed is noticeable like it's a tad sluggish. There's a few other quirks about iOS7 as well but it looks bright and the icons stands out.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I think it's an OK interface. I did find it interesting this morning when the local TV news station reported on the update and people reporting seizures or vertigo Sent like symptoms.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AC Forums mobile app

Charlie Darwin

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Me too but from iOS6; merely that iPhone costs too much and is being left behind by many others.
Jobs is gone- and recall what happened to Apple last time he left; not much chance of a recall so
Apple is headed down the tubes, IMO. And I speak as a fan of the MacBookAir and Pro.

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Me too but from iOS6; merely that iPhone costs too much and is being left behind by many others.
Jobs is gone- and recall what happened to Apple last time he left; not much chance of a recall so
Apple is headed down the tubes, IMO. And I speak as a fan of the MacBookAir and Pro.
I too am a fan of MacBook Pro, i love mine and could never go back to Windows, I also wonder about Apples future without Steve Jobs, If IOS 7 is any example then it doesn't look good, This is a Super Moderator in two Apple forums talking here and on the day iPhone 5s is released i buy an Android phone.........I think that says a lot.

SpandexJock

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
As soon as the 5s/5c announcement took place I traded in my iPhone 4s for an LG G2. I had been an iPhone user for four years. I had a great experience with no problems, but as a tech enthusiast I just got bored. I really wanted to try a larger screen. The G2 has a beautiful display, is quite fast and smooth, and does everything I need it to do. I love that it is so customizable. I am still learning things and getting used to android, but so far I really like it.

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
As soon as the 5s/5c announcement took place I traded in my iPhone 4s for an LG G2. I had been an iPhone user for four years. I had a great experience with no problems, but as a tech enthusiast I just got bored. I really wanted to try a larger screen. The G2 has a beautiful display, is quite fast and smooth, and does everything I need it to do. I love that it is so customizable. I am still learning things and getting used to android, but so far I really like it.
It was the same for me, i too got bored with iPhone and i was hoping IOS 7 would be a big change but for me it was a huge let down, I'm still learning about Android and enjoying it, if you don't like something you can change it, not so with iPhone.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I came over from iPhone just yesterday, but am having real issues getting text messages due to other peoples iPhones still thinking I'm using iMessage even thought I turned off all iMessage settings. Frustrating to say the least.

emptydarkone

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I switched just before iOS7 rolled out. I wanted a larger screen, and more volume as the sound output on the iPhone just didn't do it for me. I've been an iPhone user for about 4 years I think. I was a BlackBerry fan before that, and now I guess you could say I'm an Android fan. I really like my S4 and I guess I will for at least 2 years until I can upgrade again.

jsmith203344

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I have both, I use the iPhone for music and videos as its suppose to have a better battery life but now with iOS7 its pretty much the same as Android...

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I didn't like the launcher so i downloaded Apex, now i just have to work out what these many options in Setting and Menu do and find a nice theme.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the iPhone 5s and Moto X. Love both. I think iOS 7 looks great. The OS does have a few bugs right now, but those will be sorted out pretty quickly considering Apple doesn't have to worry about AT&T or VZW to push out fixes and updates.
The Moto X is phenomenal as well. Just picked one up a few days ago and I think its the best android phone ever. I want a bigger screen like everyone else. 5S is a sweet phone all in all.
I think some people chose to hate iOS 7 unfairly or maybe they just jumped on a bandwagon. Most everyone on AC hates apple for whatever reason they made up in their heads.
People think its cool to hate a company that never did anything To them, but did a Lot For them.

festinator

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the iPhone 5s and Moto X. Love both. I think iOS 7 looks great. The OS does have a few bugs right now, but those will be sorted out pretty quickly considering Apple doesn't have to worry about AT&T or VZW to push out fixes and updates.
The Moto X is phenomenal as well. Just picked one up a few days ago and I think its the best android phone ever. I want a bigger screen like everyone else. 5S is a sweet phone all in all.
I think some people chose to hate iOS 7 unfairly or maybe they just jumped on a bandwagon. Most everyone on AC hates apple for whatever reason they made up in their heads.
People think its cool to hate a company that never did anything To them, but did a Lot For them.

Is it not the exact same situation with iPhone many iPhone fans?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

andymacnexus

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I did, I went to a Google edition S4 a month before iPhone 5S launch (I'd been ios since 2007). Had new iPhone for 2 weeks now gone to note3, absolutely love it , it's awesome couldn't possibly go back to smaller screen. If iPhone 6 is at least 5" then maybe, just maybe, but I think I prefer android. I also plan to check out the nexus5

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

andymacnexus

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes I'm really enjoying android too and the larger screen. Ios7 didn't cut it for me, the calender app was awful and so was notes

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Most everyone on AC hates apple for whatever reason they made up in their heads.
i think your statement that most everyone here hates Apple is way off the mark, speaking for myself i don't hate Apple or Apple products, i have a Macbook Pro that i love, i have an iPad and an Apple track pad, Apple make great devices, i don't however like IOS 7 and the restrictions Apple imposes.

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Just as an extra....just my opinion but i really think that if Steve Jobs were still here the IOS 7 we have now would never have seen the light of day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty