Do you have a smartphone addiction?

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
How many of you feel like you are addicted to smartphones? I have long felt that I did. Having 30+ smartphones in the last 4 years. Although, I have slowed down considerably this year. Have had my iPhone 5S for three months now!

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I do but my wallet restrains me some... Not always... But some :p.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

phillynitro

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Totally I use to have it bad but not as bad now. I have the want for new ones but not as much desire.
Plus the wife would leave if I continued lol

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Like Almeuit said, my wallet restricts my addiction. But maybe now is the time to get in on the ground floor of Smartphone Anonymous.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Too much to learn on every one, but if I had the cash I would get about 5 or 6 and settle on 2 for most days. I would buy a 1st Apple as well.

Depreciation is a topic for another thread. Apple has that tied up now, but many 'analysts' say they have reached a plateau in terms of software.

How about Androids Anonymous - sseempulz!

Last edited:

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I definitely have a smartphone addiction. I use to buy one every 3 months. As I've gotten older I've began to use just one. I kept my last iPhone 4S for an entire year and a half. Then I bounced around a little and now I've had my moto x for about 7 months and I'll keep this one for another year at least. I'm learning to keep something good and not just spend money all the time if I don't have to.

http://www.cnet.com/news/the-iphone-may-be-late-to-features-but-only-android-users-care/

nessinhaw

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
well...i kinda have an addition but i control it because i don't have money to be spending on my smartphone desires XD

for now, I'll try to settle on my Moto X for at least 1 year... tho sometimes i feel rly tempted to get a Lumia or a Nexus or LG G2...but then i remember i don't rly have money for this and the Moto X serves my needs just right and i manage to hold back XD

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Me? No... LOL

I was always obsessed because I always treated them like a toy instead of as a phone. Being anal (OCD) didn't help either, I would sell it because I dented and/or scratched it. Last year, not that I was happy with it but I sold my S4 3-4 weeks because it had a very tiny dent were the buyer couldn't even see it. LOL

One time I had two Note 2's (Black & White), I used the other as a 5.5" iPod or bought the M7 twice because I made a mistake selling it. I can't remember why I did but I know the second didn't last long either because I sold it for the Note 3.

This year I may break my personal record, I just don't see myself selling my S5 especially having spent over $100 on accessories which is the first ever.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There's so much good stuff on the market right now. It's hard not want the latest devices.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
There's so much good stuff on the market right now. It's hard not want the latest devices.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

How much times I posted that I love my S5, I've spent so much on accessories but I want the latest.

I guess this explains why I'm single. :( LOL

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes, absolutely ! My bank account won't allow it though lol. I own a nexus 5, g flex, m8, now I'm eyeing the g3. Temptations are getting the best of me.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

anon(13322)

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I do. I can only manage to keep my iPhone and Nexus devices the longest. Once I get bored with the device, I just sell it and use that money towards the new device.

HAWK

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I am getting better. I used to jump between the iPhone 4s and galaxy s3 then the iPhone 5 and samsung s4. Now with the s5 for some reason I feel no need to return to the apple world. I would like to try some other androids like the HTC m8 or the g3 just to see them. Other than that I think I'll be staying loyal to my s5