Buying a used Samsung S4 or similar?

jankopp

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm buying a used Samsung S4 that I can get for around 150€ :). What else can I get that has a 5" or bigger screen and camera as good as S4 or better for that amount of money?

Of course, S5 would be sweet, but it's around 250€, and that is too much for me at this moment.

Derewd

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Honestly the problem with both of these phones is that they are already outdated. Neither ship with Lollipop and depending on your carrier they are very likely not to receive more updates. You may get a few minor updates but that's about it. I really love Android, but the way carriers push updates absolutely kills the incentive to purchase a brand new $600 phone. The galaxy S4 and G2 are really not that old when you think about it and should be more then capable of getting more updates for years to come.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
While the G2 isn't quite 2 years old, the S4 is. Generally major firmware updates tend to fade away after the first year or two of a device's life.

32gig

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Take a look on swappa, you can get a nexus 5 for a good price, which is still a great phone..

Posted via Android Central App

maduro78

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Honestly the problem with both of these phones is that they are already outdated. Neither ship with Lollipop and depending on your carrier they are very likely not to receive more updates. You may get a few minor updates but that's about it. I really love Android, but the way carriers push updates absolutely kills the incentive to purchase a brand new $600 phone. The galaxy S4 and G2 are really not that old when you think about it and should be more then capable of getting more updates for years to come.
Root it and flash lollipop ROM problem solved. Get leaks way before updates come around

Moto X 2014

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo