What's considered as good battery life?

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Is about 6-7 hours of screen on time considered good?
4d439e93e8f29e7eb83bd794181dc1a8.jpg

c110f50c2d37e1caced063d568514637.jpg

Sometimes i get as low as 5 hrs but average is about 6hrs. Is this normal? I heard Xperia Z3/Z3c gets as much as 10 hours of screen on time. Why don't all manufacturers put 4000mah batteries in their phones so all phones can give atleast 10hrs of screen time?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It's a complicated question... but yes, in general, I would say that over 6 hours of screen time is considered good.

But overall, battery performance is a difficult thing to gauge since usage determines it. Everyone here uses their phones differently.... we all have different apps installed, use different services, have things configured differently. That is why, when you look around the different boards, you'll see wildly different reports of battery life. One person will lament that he could only get 2 1/2 hours next to someone up in the 5's....

My scale is difficult... more personalized. I'll ask you this: Do you find that you worry about charging your phone or find yourself managing your power usage? If not, you have good battery life. If you do, you don't. Fair and simple.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
PW

You have very good batt life.
I get 6-7hours On Screen Time on my Note 4 with around 15-20hours on battery. I barely if ever worry about it dying, when I plug it in it is usually at around 20%.

smuttlegiaco

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
What the other posters said. More than 6 hours screen time is really ok.

But even that is to be taken with a grain of salt. We develop games and some of them are really a drain on battery power - if you get 2 hours of continued playing time, then it's already quite good.

codyoehl

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I would think about it more in terms of a day
Does it last a half a day, a full day, or sometimes 2 days
I would say if it on average lasts about a day, then that is good battery life
And of course it also depends on what you are using it for

Posted via the Android Central App