Irrational favourites - Phones you have a soft spot for..

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
There LG G4 was a great phone, but the bootloop issue keep it out of my list of favorites, even the irrational one. Lol

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
There LG G4 was a great phone, but the bootloop issue keep it out of my list of favorites, even the irrational one. Lol
Mine had the bootloop issue. I eventually got the LG G6 after that. But it was so comfortable to hold in my hand because of the curved back as well as the last phone I had with a removable battery. It was also the last 16:9 phone I had. It was so much better to text in landscape than today's 18:9 phones.

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
1. My Palm Treo 700. Love, love, loved that thing. Precursor of a Note, really.

2. My first Android, an HTC OneX which was crazy good, and also fit my hand perfectly. Just loved it.

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I don't remember mine having wifi. Maybe it was the 720? It was Sprint, and I hammered that thing. When it died right before I headed out of town I was forced to move to a Palm Pre which was adequate, but not the same. I then (because we migrated to att and they had no other choice at the time) moved to an iPhone 3Gs which I HATED beyond expression (I'm not iAnything) and breathed a sigh of relief when I discovered by chance the OneX on a store display and fell in love with it. That phone was magic for me; I stuck with HTC for upgrades in the hope that it's successors would be as good, but the m8 and m9 were both rather disappointing by comparison. Finally jumped to the V20 in 2016; now just moved to a V40, but kinda wishing I'd held out for a Note (to the point I may consider switching in due course, I just like LGs sound, particularly the built-in manual recorder for music)

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Another one for my list, the Droid Bionic. It was the red headed stepchild of Verizon, but a solid performer, the only phone I ever rooted and played around with, and the phone that helped start my hatred of AMOLED displays. I had returned a Droid Razr with a stuck pixel and a display so horrifically green tinted that it was unusable, which I then learned was "normal" for AMOLED's at the time. The Bionic had an LCD display with much more accurate colors.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
There was something about this little guy that I loved. It was WinMo, and just before I got my first "modern" smartphone the iPhone 3G

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 6.27.02 PM.png

I also loved this guy. It was my first smartphone back in '03 or so.

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 6.30.48 PM.png

FeinP1118

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Whenever there's a BlackBerry on tv screen I get a pang of regret. Loved the size, the keyboard. Now everything's a big slab of glass. 🙄

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've always loved BlackBerry phones. I still miss my BlackBerry Bold 9780 and my BlackBerry Q10. I absolutely *loved* the LG G6 but never got one - I just think it was an all-around awesome phone and it was the first of its kind to do the "bezel-less" screen to body ratio trend. I think it was underrated and I still wish I could buy it today. I definitely have a soft spot for LG. I even love the G8 ThinQ but I'm not sure if the camera will meet my needs.

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I am sure I will get laughed out of here, but I loved the original Motorola Q. My first "smartphone", loved the keyboard, and it ran Windows. I also loved the first Motorola Droid.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I am sure I will get laughed out of here, but I loved the original Motorola Q. My first "smartphone", loved the keyboard, and it ran Windows. I also loved the first Motorola Droid.

Have you seen some of the phones mentioned here? Nobody's gonna laugh at you.:p

Last edited:

Linda McDonald

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I feel like I, myself, willed Samsung into not giving up on the Note line! After the Note 7 debaucle, everyone said, "that's it for the Note" I called and texted constantly, telling Samsung that THAT would be a very unfortunate decision. When TV Note 8 was 'unpacked' I was so proud... like I really made it happen! 😂 I recently moved up to the Note 10+, but the 8 will always hold a special place. 😊

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Can we include phones we don't actually have? Judging by the opinions of a lot of people, I'm irrational for wanting the coming Asus ROG Phone 2. Another would be the CAT phones, which have a built in infrared camera. I'd love a feature like that, but they are otherwise a mid-range phones that have specs I'm not fond off. I wouldn't use it as a daily driver, but as a secondary if walking around at night or something. Lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrystalLewis