Irrational favourites - Phones you have a soft spot for..

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
We are very lucky as tech fans to have so many great devices to choose from and plenty of new toys being released throughout the year. Having tried so many devices though I do have my favourites and phones that I just like despite them maybe not being the best available or just having flaws or issues.

Over recent years I have been laughed out of the room for having a Blackberry passport (loved that phone) and sniggered at also for using the Priv and Keyone.

More recently though I have really enjoyed using the LG G7 and Mate 20 Pro and even though the S10/10+, OP7 pro or P30 pro are better devices I still have and use the Mate 20 pro. Hard to put my finger on why some phones grab me more than others as it is often really a combination of little things that tip the balance.

Anybody else have their own irrational favourites?

gbsa850

Apr 29, 2019
Visit site
Yeah I really have a soft spot for my Samsung Galaxy note 4, such a sturdy work horse of a phone.
It's been dropped too many times to count, the back of it was hit with a running drill bit. Just had to buy a new back door to fix the damage.
With a new battery, which I'm able to replace myself it still runs like a champ.
After all these years the only damage to the screen is one deep scratch and a few hairline scratches.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine is one of my first cell phones, an flip phone. Built like a tank, no bugs, and even a dedicated power port (USB is inherently weaker). If a durable and reliable phone is irrational, then guilty as charged. Lol

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I'd add the iPhone 3GS (white) and Blackberry Z30 to my list. Nothing irrational about the 3GS though that was just a terrific device

I loved the Z30 as did most people who used it, shame BB focussed on branding over showing/telling people what a great OS BB10 was.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 6P. First REALLY powerful phone I had after the Nexus 5, Droid Razr Maxx, and Droid Incredible. It finally went into the bootloop of death, but I really liked that phone.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
The Sanyo SCP-5500 (Sprint VM-4500) from late-2003 and the Palm Treo 650 of December 2004. These remain my two favorite phones.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Mine is one of my first cell phones, an flip phone. Built like a tank, no bugs, and even a dedicated power port (USB is inherently weaker). If a durable and reliable phone is irrational, then guilty as charged. Lol
Built like a tank lol

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
My Samsung galaxy S8 Active has been flawless, great battery life and able to be dropped more times than I'll admit.
1 big flaw - no update past 8.0, just security patches

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
We are very lucky as tech fans to have so many great devices to choose from and plenty of new toys being released throughout the year. Having tried so many devices though I do have my favourites and phones that I just like despite them maybe not being the best available or just having flaws or issues.

Over recent years I have been laughed out of the room for having a Blackberry passport (loved that phone) and sniggered at also for using the Priv and Keyone.

More recently though I have really enjoyed using the LG G7 and Mate 20 Pro and even though the S10/10+, OP7 pro or P30 pro are better devices I still have and use the Mate 20 pro. Hard to put my finger on why some phones grab me more than others as it is often really a combination of little things that tip the balance.

Anybody else have their own irrational favourites?
None.....I don't have any phone fetishes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CsPerry