Notification sounds not transferring

dreacat

Aug 1, 2021
Visit site
Switching phone from s9plus to note 20 ultra and this is the first phone I have had that does not bring over previous app notification sounds. Its really frustrating that all apps now have the same preset sound and the only way to get the app provided sound is to uninstall every single app and reinstall. However, the bigger problem is for those apps like Google Duo that is pre-installed so I can't uninstall it at all, which means I no longer know when someone is calling on that app. Samsung is really making it hard to continue loving these phones with removing the external memory card, the notification sound issues, and not being able to dictate where the sound comes from when Bluetooth is connected. Maybe all the iPhone hype is worth looking at. UGH

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I don't have any issues on my Pixel 3a XL when it comes to apps being able to use the app provided sound, even after switching from a previous phone. Perhaps this is an issue with Smart Switch? I would suggest not letting your issues with Samsung entirely cloud your experience with Android, since there are certainly other manufacturers you can try.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Switching phone from s9plus to note 20 ultra and this is the first phone I have had that does not bring over previous app notification sounds. Its really frustrating that all apps now have the same preset sound and the only way to get the app provided sound is to uninstall every single app and reinstall. However, the bigger problem is for those apps like Google Duo that is pre-installed so I can't uninstall it at all, which means I no longer know when someone is calling on that app. Samsung is really making it hard to continue loving these phones with removing the external memory card, the notification sound issues, and not being able to dictate where the sound comes from when Bluetooth is connected. Maybe all the iPhone hype is worth looking at. UGH
Hi, welcome to AC!
Long press Google Duo then tap info>notification tap> tap each category there to bring up dub menus and change the notification there under sound Screenshot_20210801-204327_Settings.jpg

dreacat

Aug 1, 2021
Visit site
I am just frustrated. I have always been an android girl and have gone to bat against iPhone users for years. But this phone switch has been difficult and very trying, which I have never experienced before. I have spent 2 hours on the phone with tech support and they only Google the answers then another 2 hours in the store but they were not able to figure anything out either. I am disappointed with the galaxy note settings/options all around. And apparently to get the app provided sound you have to delete and reinstall every single app because there is no option in the sound setting

dreacat

Aug 1, 2021
Visit site
Yes I have done that but the app provided sound is not an option. Many apps have their own unique notification sound that I would like to hear, but this phone does not allow that option. Other apps, like outlook, I has to completely delete and reinstall to get the app provided sound.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes I have done that but the app provided sound is not an option. Many apps have their own unique notification sound that I would like to hear, but this phone does not allow that option. Other apps, like outlook, I has to completely delete and reinstall to get the app provided sound.
Then download from Zedge or something similar site/app the default notification , pit in your notification folder that way it will show up as list on notification tones