Google Glass: Atlanta event

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm in line right now at the glass event in Atlanta... Fourth in line (rsvp'd for ten but seems that was just a suggested time not sure)...

Decent crowd here.

Will see how well it works over my prescription lenses...

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Atlanta event

Last I saw the Google Glass doesn't have any "glass" anymore. So should fit fine with glasses.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Atlanta event

It worked great with my glasses. It was pretty neat. After giving us a brief speech and going over some of the basics, we got to wander between various stations. The first one was just trying it on and how to do basic navigation and commands, take pictures, etc. The next station was a photo booth that had non-working models only intended so you could get your picture taken with them on. They had the kind with dummy glasses as well there. The next station was the music station where they had headphone attachments and showed how to listen to various music wearing them. You had to return the glasses at each station and get a new set at each one. The last and most impressive station they had a bunch of foreign language signs and it was in a translation mode. Apart from that they had refreshments, and some chromebooks set up to take exit surveys. And you got a poster for the event. They also had some prototypes on display.

2014-02-08 09.45.05.jpg
Near the front of the line

2014-02-08 10.15.39.jpg
over my crappy glasses

2014-02-08 10.33.34.jpg
Early prototype on display (#1)

2014-02-08 10.33.45.jpg
Early prototype on display (#2)

2014-02-08 10.34.02.jpg
Earliest prototype on display

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I went on Saturday too, around 2:30pm,so it was a bit larger crowd. I had fun. The most amazing thing for me was that translation service, man...having the words simply morph into English on your screen was insaaaane. I was expecting to just see a translation, not have the translation seamlessly presented to me on the actual object (the street sign) in front of me...holy cow that was cool. THAT is the future. That and GPS navigation right in the corner of your eye. In terms of just fun stuff, yeah, the Google all access by simply saying "OK glass, listen to *insert artist here*" was really fun. And taking pictures is fast as hell. No lag whatsoever, just, "take a picture" and snap. Fun stuff. I'm imagining traveling in a foreign country, using translation to get around street signs and taking pictures of my travels in the blink of an eye. L

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo