Google Home Max

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I am definitely interested in this. I was going to with Sonos but Google just may have changed my mind.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm considering getting one tho. my living room projector does Bluetooth audio... so having only 1 wire and a speaker that plays music on its own seems awesome.

next evolution should be the ability to have 2 front speakers and 2 home minis as rear and play surround sound from Chromecast ultra! that would be sick!

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Better off waiting for true reviews for this type of product. You can probably get a 250.00 system with similar sound to this system. Just use the google assistant on your phone and say ok google to control bluetooth speakers that don't have google speakers built in. Its just that simple.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I sometimes get pretty significant promotional discounts on tech through my work- for the right price I might be tempted, but not for full retail. I have no real justification for owning one other than pure nerd appeal, and that's not worth $400.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Better off waiting for true reviews for this type of product. You can probably get a 250.00 system with similar sound to this system. Just use the google assistant on your phone and say ok google to control bluetooth speakers that don't have google speakers built in. Its just that simple.

Yeah, I just saw that JBL came out with the Link 300. That thing looks pretty nice too and it's only $299.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I want to see reviews from AV or audio websites, but if it performs well and they add the ability for it to sync with a Chromecast (to act like a soundbar) I will definitely pick one up.

Lok52

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I want to see reviews from AV or audio websites, but if it performs well and they add the ability for it to sync with a Chromecast (to act like a soundbar) I will definitely pick one up.

Is a Google Home. You can group it with a chromecast by default. I don't bother with my regular Home because it's in my living room with my stereo.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Is a Google Home. You can group it with a chromecast by default. I don't bother with my regular Home because it's in my living room with my stereo.

I know that, but after the unveiling Google engineers indicated that they were looking into making Home Max work directly with an individual Chromecast so it could function as a soundbar for a TV, and this would almost guarantee a sale in our household as we've been looking for a good sounding sound bar to go with a TV in a room that doesn't currently have a Home unit in it.

The rest of our Home units are already synced with a Chromecast Music that is plugged into floor-standing speakers for whole-home audio, but I specifically want the "soundbar" usage model for the room that a Home Max would potentially go in.