Which files to copy?

Smokeaire

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a rooted N1 in which I am using the 4G SD card from my Blackberry. Tomorrow I'm getting a 16G card for the N1. What files do I need to copy over from the 8G to the 16G? I don't want the Blackberry files. Also do I need to do the ext3 before I copy the files over, I want to load my apps into the card.
Thanks for any help in this.

noaim

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
you dont have to copy any files if you dont want... but you cannot install apps on the card only internal memory

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Step 1: Backup what files you want onto computer. I think blackberries install everything in /Blackberry/ so everything else would pertain to the n1
Step 2: place blank new card in phone
Step 3: Partition SD card in the recovery so you make an EXT partition for apps2SD
Step 4: copy files back to sd card

In order to actually run Apps2SD, you have to be running a rom with it built in (Busybox). partitioning sd card wipes it clean, so don't add files to it before partitioning it.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
If you download ROM manager, it has this capability built in. A lot easier.

Copy all the files you want onto your PC, because you'll need to format the card to do apps2sd.

Smokeaire

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Super. Thanks for the answers. I'm running CM5.0.6-N1. I also have Rom Manager installed so I should be set. Coming from the Blackberry world I have a lot to learn, talking about learning to swim by just jumping in the deep end.
Again thank you all.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Super. Thanks for the answers. I'm running CM5.0.6-N1. I also have Rom Manager installed so I should be set. Coming from the Blackberry world I have a lot to learn, talking about learning to swim by just jumping in the deep end.
Again thank you all.

No problem... you at least have a life guard (android central) to keep you from drowning :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez