Nexus 10 Case

Amylase453

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I went ahead and ordered the Poetic SLIMLINE Portfolio Case for Google Nexus 10 Black (With Auto Sleep/Wake Function)(3 Year Warranty by Poetic). I really like that design, I had something similar with my Kindle Fire.

Unfortunately.... Delivery Estimate: Wednesday January 2, 2013 - Friday January 4, 2013 by 8:00pm

Now I've bought two cases I don't have. :D

The original case I ordered i-BLASON Auto Sleep / Wake Google Nexus 10 inch Tablet Leather Case Cover with Stylus loop and Bonus Stylus 3 Year Warranty (Black) has an estimated Arrival: December 3, 2012.

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
It depends on which Poetic case you're referring to. The i-BLASON that you mentioned covers the front of the tablet. Personally, I don't like having something that covers the front (frame around the screen). Some of the Poetic cases just grip the sides and leave the front bare.

I'm curious to see how I like the i-blason with it covering the front. With the poetic sometimes a tab would pop off, not enough that the case could come off but it was slightly disconcerting.

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
This is either a new case or I didn't see it when I ordered the i-Blason. Canceled i-Blason and ordered this.

Amazon.com: Supcase Ultra Slim Fit Multi-angles Leather Cover Case for Google Nexus 10 inch Tablet (Purple) - Multiple Color Options: Office Products

be wary of ordering from this vendor. I ordered this from BrilloTech (via Amazon) on Nov. 4, received shipping notification Nov. 8, now today (Nov. 27) I received another notification saying the item had just been shipped. Note: both notices showed different USPS tracking numbers. I am very unhappy!

Talked with the vendor, and when I placed my order it was a preorder (nothing on the order page to indicate that. Later they added a note that it would not be in stock until the 27). Vendor says they went ahead and created the shipping label so they could ship the item quickly once it was in stock. The strange thing was that when I received the updated shipping notification it had a different tracking number. It hadn't actually shipped either, because I was so ticked I cancelled and ordered the ibazon case.

Last edited:

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
So far I've been reasonably happy with Amazon's vendors. Although I do have to say that I greatly prefer getting stuff that's "fulfilled" by Amazon, because if I need to ship it back Amazon pays for the shipping. For example, I recently bought some sweat pants and they came from some Amazon vendor in NJ. After I washed and dried them on hot they shrank like crazy and the bottoms were well above my calves (and I'd ordered the tall size which was what was on the label in them). Shipping them back to the company in NJ via USPS cost me something like $8. Nevertheless, I still got my refund from Amazon, but I was $8 poorer. The other advantage of getting stuff that's fulfilled by Amazon is if the order is $25 or more the shipping is free if you select Super Saver shipping; all items have to be fulfilled by Amazon.

In your case the company could have accidentally emailed you another person's shipping notification the first time. That happened to me once. Did the shipping tracking show the first one delivered?

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
That Poetic Slimline looks pretty good but its on back order on Amazon. Where else can I get it? I like portfolio cases because I can hold the tablet easier. I could never get rid of my Xoom's Motorola case because it made it so easy to hold....

ibikeiruniswim

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Have you guys seen those user uploaded pics of the slimeline? The pics are of the Nexus 7 version but it looks pretty poorly made. I was just about to order mine but those pics were enough to deter me.

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
That Poetic Slimline looks pretty good but its on back order on Amazon. Where else can I get it? I like portfolio cases because I can hold the tablet easier. I could never get rid of my Xoom's Motorola case because it made it so easy to hold....

Its a pre-order, not back-order. Won't be released until around Christmas.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

emmui

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
i emailed Poetic and they said that pre-orders will be up by the end of this week on the official website for the Slimline Portfolio. just a heads up for those who can't order from amazon.com!

Chadwick17

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know when the official cover that was seen in some of the promotional videos will be available? I was under the impression that it was supposed to show up at launch or very soon after...?

PaulH2

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know when the official cover that was seen in some of the promotional videos will be available? I was under the impression that it was supposed to show up at launch or very soon after...?
If its anything like the Nexus 7, don't hold your breath...

For now, I've ordred the iBlason case as I can't wait until the new year when it looks like most others will be available (I've a couple of trips coming up in December and don't want to risk carrying my Nexus 10 around unprotected that much).

Chadwick17

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
If its anything like the Nexus 7, don't hold your breath...

For now, I've ordred the iBlason case as I can't wait until the new year when it looks like most others will be available (I've a couple of trips coming up in December and don't want to risk carrying my Nexus 10 around unprotected that much).

Are you saying that because it will take forever to show up? Or because the quality wasn't that great?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress