Nexus 10 Shuts Down when I Connect/Disconnect Charger

Perkology

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm experiencing the random shutdown as well. The frequency is not that high; I've had it for just over a week and it's happened three times, and then only when unplugging the charger never when plugging it in.

hobb3s

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Same thing here.. Just got a new one 2 weeks ago. 1. Battery doesn't report the proper remaining percentage almost all the time. 2. Unplug the charger, it shuts down, plug in the charger, it shuts down. It's already been RMA'd once because it arrived with an open box, so I'm I prefer not to RMA again if it's a software bug that they can/will release a fix for.... however I've noticed that the issue goes back to at least last October, that seems like ample enough time to solve the bug. Anyone have some updated news from google on the issue(s)?

hobb3s

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Contacted google support, got the standard, reset to factory defaults (i'm skeptical it will make any difference). If it doesn't work they'll generate an RMA. If they RMA every tablet that does this they must be going through tons of hardware.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Contacted google support, got the standard, reset to factory defaults (i'm skeptical it will make any difference). If it doesn't work they'll generate an RMA. If they RMA every tablet that does this they must be going through tons of hardware.

Wonder what happens to the refurbs? Will they give them to woot for a woot off? If they had them at a decent price my son would probably buy one and be happy to deal with it being a refurb.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I've only had my bought used Nexus 10 for a week or so but it has the same problem. I bought a pogo charger for it, which just arrived today. It doesn't seem to do it, at least at first. Will be extremely happy if it stays that way.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
You bought a used Nexus? I would be concerned buying any used device that hasn't yet passed the 1 year warenty mark.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
not if the warenty is non-transferable. I was under the impression this is the case with the Nexus 10 Warenty

I have to be honest, I didn't check into that but will now.

P. S. It does say "original purchaser" which means they don't have to honor the warranty. The person I bought it from (I know his address and phone number) and I did speak about helping each other out if we had any issues. He got my BlackBerry Z10 and I his Nexus 10. Not really worried.

Last edited:

Roy Zimmerman

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I installed v4.2.2 tonight and I have reason to be hopeful. I plugged and unplugged the charger a number of times (with the battery as low as 65%) without a shutdown. That never happened before with v4.2.1.

So far, I'm delighted -- but it's only been a few hours so the jury is still out.

The 4.2.2 update failed to solve my shutdown problem.

But I think it may have been solved on one of the 4.3 updates. I've not seen it happen in a couple of months and almost forgot about the problem. Today, at only 14% battery, I plugged it in and pulled the plug multiple times without issue.

Is anyone else running 4.3 still having the shutdown problem with their N10?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez