N10 battery cycle

gmen78

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
So my new toy will be delivered today, question is, do I plug in and charge? Turn on and run battery down for full recharge? Or just turn on and charge?
Want to get best battery performance out of my new baby. Have batteries advanced past this old dilemma?
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bitseeker

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Have batteries advanced past this old dilemma?

That old dilemma you refer to applies to NiCad and NiMH batteries. Lithium-ion batteries have no memory effect, so you can charge them up whenever you have access to an outlet. Note that Li-ion does not like being fully discharged or kept at full charge for extended periods of time. Extreme temperatures are also bad for the battery.

When you get your tablet, plug it in and charge it up. Then, enjoy it and plug it back into the charger anytime before it gets down to around 20%.

MG386

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
That old dilemma you refer to applies to NiCad and NiMH batteries. Lithium-ion batteries have no memory effect, so you can charge them up whenever you have access to an outlet. Note that Li-ion does not like being fully discharged or kept at full charge for extended periods of time. Extreme temperatures are also bad for the battery.

When you get your tablet, plug it in and charge it up. Then, enjoy it and plug it back into the charger anytime before it gets down to around 20%.

This is what I would recomend as well. Li-ion batteries lifetime cycle limit is reduced when going below about 20% its not a hard number and its progressive. Going to 18% or lower once in a while is no big deal. If you always run it to 0%, them the battery won't last as long. The opposite is true, if you always keep it at 100% you will also degrade its life cycle limit, although the charging circuitry reduces the chances of this. So its OK to charge overnight and leave plugged in after reaching full, but I wouldn't keep it at 100% for weeks at a time like people do with always plugged in laptops.

My2cents

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Li-ion batteries lifetime cycle limit is reduced when going below about 20% its not a hard number and its progressive. ...

The N10 has a Lithium polymer battery. See the link I gave above for the details, differences, advantages, etc. (which I don't remember).

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699